General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SOAS Racing Gear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-08 9:07 PM

User image

Master
San Diego, CA
Subject: SOAS Racing Gear
Have any BT ladies ordered tri gear from SOAS Racing? What was your experience with their customer service? How long did it take for your order to ship? What do you think of the product?

2011-06-13 12:13 PM
in reply to: #3539977

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: SOAS Racing Gear

I have looked at their product but am waiting for some reviews/feedback myself... 

Like the looks of it but not being able to try it on locally is a bit of an issue for me.

2011-06-14 1:08 PM

User image

New user

I was lucky enough to get a kit for Christmas. Due to chilly weather here in Vermont I haven't been able to wear it much, but I have done a few 30-40 mile rides in the bottoms and they were very comfy. the waist is not elasticized so it doesn't dig in. The leg grippers hold snug, but aren't annoying like some pearl izumis I have. For runs the to is plenty supportive for my 36c chest. It also has a slight flare and comes down over the top of the shorts. I am past the age limit for bared midriff! Also a great pocket configuration with two ample ones on the top and three smaller ones on the bottoms. It is obvious a lot of thought went into making these kits for women!
2011-06-14 4:07 PM

User image

New user

2011-06-27 5:08 PM

User image

Can I ask you how these fit? I've been looking at them online, and I have a size chart, but of course like all tri gear... each company fits different. What is your opinion based on sizing you bought?
2011-06-27 6:07 PM

User image

Master
San Diego, CA

I just bought 2 kits from SOAS. I like the gear. The sizing is a tad bit smaller than listed on their site. I'm an 8/10 and I'm glad I ordered a large. I selected the purple houndstooth and navy rings kits.

I like the fit of the top and shorts are comfy. The top is longer than other women's tri gear and doesn't ride up at all when running or cycling. The pockets on the shorts and top are deep enough to stash gels and smaller gear which is nice for a hot bike ride.  I would agree that the top is supportive even for a larger chest. I'm also a 36 C/D and I feel very "held in," I may go for an additional sports bra come race day but the jury is still out on that one. I've take the gear out for test rides and runs and will race in them for the first time in 2 weeks. So far no weird rubbing or chafing plus I really like that the top is on the longer side and covers my lower back.

A note on customer service. I ordered the gear and recieved fantastic communication. When I had questions the owners (or their employees) emailed me back promptly and even enclosed a hand written note thanking me for the order and wishing me good luck this season. My order was slightly delayed due to a backorder and the communication was great. I've been very impressed so far and am happy to support a local tri company (being from San Diego). Their gear is a tad more expensive than other brands (zoot or 2XU) but improved fit and features are important to me.

2011-06-28 12:38 PM

User image

New user

Hi Ladies,

I am one of the co-founders of SOAS, along with Stephanie Swanson. Just wanted to say hi and let you know you can contact me anytime with any questions, etc. ([email protected]).

To you gals that already have our kits, THANK YOU for all the kind words you posted here. We really appreciate it. Our goal is to let all the ladies in endurance sports know that there is now a women's specific brand for your needs and your body!Steph and I are both triathletes and we know what its like to get chafing and rubbing in ALL the wrong places. We know we don't like having muffin-tops and sausage-link legs exposed. We know we like CUTE clothes that FIT and are COMFY. We know we still want those clothes to be high-quality, durable, and as fast as possible.

We don't think we are alone in this and we don't think those things are too much to ask for! So we tried to address these issues in our kits. We wanted tanks and shorts that went together and were flattering and supportive. 

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know you can use me as a resource if you have any questions. 

All the best and Happy Training!

Kebby

2014-08-23 5:22 PM
in reply to: kebbyholden

Kebby,
i recently ordered (overnighted) a Soas kit and wore it today. I had previously left a message asking for someone to call me back to discuss some feedback I had received from a friend who owned a Soas Kit. No response. Im giving you my feedback, I guess. Customer Service? maybe lacking... Shorts, i ordered a small, and am happy with those so far. Top is another story. I felt like I was carrying the lake = and actually was concerned I would be fully exposed when i stood up from the swim. I( I ordered a small and medium - kept the med and returned the small - ) It did not ride up at all during the bike and the run (thankfully) so it did perform well there. Also, I had no issue with show-thru (which was what I originally called about) thanks to the black bra.... I wish the top was better. I love the look of the kit, but am concerned about the top for future Triathlons. Fingers crossed, I guess? Thanks,Karen
2014-08-23 7:24 PM
in reply to: karenlane

Hi Karen. I'm sure we're not supposed to do anything "sales" related here, so I'll just say that Kebby has started a new company called Coeur Sports. http://www.coeursports.com/ I work with her and I'm sure she wouldn't want you to think she was ignoring you.
2014-08-23 8:25 PM
in reply to: kebbyholden

User image

I just bought a pair of your shorts at the Chicago Triathlon expo today. They are very cute, and I'm a big fan of the wider, non elastic waistband.

I would make one small suggestion...my favorite shorts all have one thing in common: roomy pockets. I admit I've not seen your entire product line, so you may have other shorts with pockets.

I haven't run in them yet, but if I have any additional comments I'll be sure to leave them here!
2014-08-23 8:54 PM
in reply to: ginger1981

Subject: RE: Coeur Sports
Hi Ginger. We weren't 100% sure if you were talking about Coeur Sports with your last post. http://www.coeursports.com. We partner Element in Chicago (awesome shop), so they may have been displaying our gear. So, if so, thank you very much for the feedback! We did put deeper pockets on the tri tops and were trying to create a pocket system. The thinking was have smaller ones on the shorts for things like chapstick & gu and bigger ones for water bottles, cell phones etc on the tops.

If you weren't talking about Coeur, then we probably look a bit silly responding.

2014-08-24 5:11 PM
in reply to: CharlotteinCustomerS

User image

I got the shorts from Element at the Chicago Tri expo :-)

I wore them after my race today, and they were comfy! I will say the only thing I noticed was although the shorts fit well, the inner shell fit a bit snug...it wasn't a problem (or maybe my rear is the problem). And I really do love the wider waistband...I feel it's more flattering than the traditional elastic waistband and it's in a funky, houndstooth pattern.

I'm doing a load of laundry tonight and when I do my first post-race run I'll give some feedback.
2014-08-24 11:55 PM

Fantastic. We love Element! If you happen to see Robyn LaLonde (works there part time) say hello! Also, if you have any questions or comments, just drop us a note at [email protected]. http://www.coeursports.com/
2014-08-31 7:30 AM
in reply to: CharlotteinCustomerS

User image

Would be happy to!

Wore the shorts on a fartlek workout last Thursday...loved them. I had my concerns about the inner shell, but it ended up fine...they didn't give me a wedgie like some with slightly looser shells do. Flattering on the figure too
2014-09-01 11:06 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback and we hope the rest of your season is great.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SOAS Racing Gear Rss Feed