General Discussion Race Reports! » Redondo Beach Triathlon - Mini Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Redondo Beach Triathlon - Mini Sprint Course - TriathlonMini Sprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Redondo Beach, California
United States
TC Tri Productions, LLC
59F / 15C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 39 & under
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

didn't have one
Event warmup:

none
Swim
  • 00m
  • 437 yards
  • / 100 yards
Comments:

Strong Current, pretty choppy out there.. winds & surf picked up around 07:15.. race started 07:55.

Jitters took over until I reached the 1st buoy but then I became calm and started passing ppl.
What would you do differently?:

need to swim in the ocean not just pool LOL
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

After the swim, I couldn't get my surf suite off!! damn thing was like a straight jacket. Need to ask for assistance. At the transition, I had to sit for a bit, felt nauseous.. thought i was going to puke.. actually thought about calling it a day but then i mentally talked myself out of it and just kept going.

Need tri suit, they have different material on the inside and just slide off easily!! Need to doing training with transitions just to get just to it. Won't bother with bike gloves on a mini-tri - not work the time for such a short ride.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 3 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Used my crappy $35 mt. bike =) , it does the job... but not so much when my tire is not properly placed back into the frame!!! The darn front tire kept rubbing against my brake and the ride was just killing me.

Okay, this sucks! One, I should really invest in a road bike but they are just to expensive for me. So, option 2 - I should have flipped my bike over and checked out the spin on my tires for any rubbing!

Not wearing bike gloves.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

after fighting the breaks on my bike, i was pretty whipped out! I couldn't run, my energy was gone. At that point, I just wanted to finish.

My transition wasn't too bad. Only major problem I had was putting the bike back on the rack..
Run
  • 00m
  • 1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Honestly, if I could have conditioned for this - I would have killed the run!! haehehaa

stopped running 2 months before this event because of plantar factious.. so, differently - i would run more ahehahe... also, need to do a weekend of biking running combo.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked around

What limited your ability to perform faster:

plantar factious, not training in the ocean, not knowing where to bike - I still have that problem. I feel like I live where there are too many damn lights... stopping ever block. Not having someone to push you - it's always better to train w/ people.. cause if I have an excuse they can tell me to suck it up and get my gear.

Event comments:

This was fun.. and the only reason that it was hard is because I didn't train and it was my first tri well, mini-tri!! haahe, so - no kiddn' it would be a challenge for me :}

Last updated: 2011-06-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 437 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit: Roxy 4/3mm syncro
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 60F / 16C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Bad Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:00:00 | 03 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course: smooth course, visible, well marked, one 1 hill and that wasn't too bad.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Too hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Bad
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:00:00 | 01 miles |  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: smooth run, slight hills, only 1 actual hill - but it was short and not bad.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 1
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-06-12 5:54 PM

Subject: Redondo Beach Triathlon - Mini Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Redondo Beach Triathlon - Mini Sprint Course Rss Feed