General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Finished my first tri ever yesterday! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-20 12:32 AM

User image

Regular
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Subject: Finished my first tri ever yesterday!

Hey guys,

Yesterday was my first tri ever, and it was amazing. It was an olympic distance and it was hard, but really fun.

My goals for the race were to a. finish the race within the time limit (4 hour cut off), b. have fun and not hurt myself during the race and c. be able to walk the next day.

I accomplished all of my goals! My knees and my left shoulder are a little bit sore today, but walking is no problem and biking to the park to meet my boyfriend for lunch didn't hurt at all. I am super excited. 4 months of training paid off and yesterday was fantastic.

If you'd like to read details and see some pictures check out my race report here.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all your help and support. I can't wait to do my next tri!

2011-06-20 7:43 AM
in reply to: #3557172

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
Subject: RE: Finished my first tri ever yesterday!
gwenwhyvar32 - 2011-06-20 12:32 AM

Hey guys,

Yesterday was my first tri ever, and it was amazing. It was an olympic distance and it was hard, but really fun.

My goals for the race were to a. finish the race within the time limit (4 hour cut off), b. have fun and not hurt myself during the race and c. be able to walk the next day.

I accomplished all of my goals! My knees and my left shoulder are a little bit sore today, but walking is no problem and biking to the park to meet my boyfriend for lunch didn't hurt at all. I am super excited. 4 months of training paid off and yesterday was fantastic.

If you'd like to read details and see some pictures check out my race report here.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all your help and support. I can't wait to do my next tri!

That's AWESOME!!!! ...I'm glad to hear your first tri was an enjoyable one....you are a triathlete

2011-06-20 9:01 AM

User image

corpus christi area

WOW, thats awesome, havent done mine yet but to hear a beginner did a "oly" with 4 months training is very inspiring.  keep the fire going! 

2011-06-20 7:51 PM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Congrats! I plan on doing an Olympic next season. I did my first ever 10k this weekend (4months ahead of schedule) and it was hard but I managed. Its a great accomplishment to finish the Olympic so Congrats and good job!
2011-06-20 9:08 PM

User image

Regular
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks, guys! It was a lot of fun, despite being hard. But I guess that's the point, right? Good luck to those of you who haven't done one yet! You'll do great when you get there. It's all about the training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Finished my first tri ever yesterday! Rss Feed