Subject: RE: Introduce Yourself!
Welcome Scott!!

2014-09-08 4:27 PM
in reply to: madsen912

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

Welcome Scott!! That's some very impressive weight loss so far. Congratulations!

Consider doing one of Lifetime Fitness's Indoor Triathlons this winter or next spring. It's a nice introduction to essentially a sprint distance race, but is run for total time (10 min pool swim, 30 min on spin bike, 20 min treadmill run) as opposed to a set distance. I'm not sure if they have one down in Rochester, but it may be worth the drive up to the Cities if you find one that fits your schedule. You don't have to be a Lifetime member to do it either!

Good Luck this year!

Ryan

2015-02-16 11:19 AM

User image

Hi everyone!

Name - Lea
Years doing triathlon - 17 years
Favorite Tri Race -Chisago sprint
Home - North Minneapolis
- I coach a small triathlon club in the metro area. I have done every distance of race from sprint to Ironman. I like to go out there and have fun, and try to better my own time.
Other interesting Facts - I am a singer and have a degree in music, but now I just do that for fun. Some day I think it would be fun to sing the national anthem and then jump in the water to start the race
2015-04-13 9:25 AM
in reply to: northstartrifit

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
Hey Folks, I'm back. I've taken the last couple seasons off of triathlons, long story but essentially I tore something in my shoulder not long after IM AZ, couldn't swim (or do anything with that arm) so I decided to take the summer off of tri's and work on my run. Two years later and I still haven't been swimming or biking much and have gotten sucked in ultra trail running. Now I'm a bit burned out on running and have lost motivation to train, so after consulting with the boss (my wife) I've decided to look at getting back into triathlon. Maybe switching things up and giving myself a different goal might help.

Coincidentally, my dad is getting older and has been talking alot lately about finishing his goal of visiting all 50 states and all 7 continents. The only continent he hasn't been to is Australia, and it looks like IM Western Australia is currently open, so I'm going to investigate and see about taking him there this December for the race and finishing his goal.

Glad to be back!
2015-10-22 7:24 PM

User image

Couldn't find my old login info and really, that's okay, because this is a new beginning.

I was a very active triathlete between 2005-2008, but stopped after I started doing derby, went through a divorce, single mom, then grad school, and...excuses! I just signed up for my first solo tri in YEARS! I will be doing the Tri-U-Mah indoor tri next February. I am very excited. I may sign up for more, but first I want to just focus on getting myself back into shape. I have a few pounds to lose to get back to my former racing weight (a "few" being >60!) and need to slowly get back to good habits.

Hello again!

Autumn aka Fixie
2015-10-25 6:53 PM
in reply to: fixie

User image

molto veloce mama
Originally posted by fixie

Couldn't find my old login info and really, that's okay, because this is a new beginning.

I was a very active triathlete between 2005-2008, but stopped after I started doing derby, went through a divorce, single mom, then grad school, and...excuses! I just signed up for my first solo tri in YEARS! I will be doing the Tri-U-Mah indoor tri next February. I am very excited. I may sign up for more, but first I want to just focus on getting myself back into shape. I have a few pounds to lose to get back to my former racing weight (a "few" being >60!) and need to slowly get back to good habits.

Hello again!

Autumn aka Fixie

Okay...now I AM back as autumn!

2015-10-27 11:47 AM
in reply to: autumn

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Hey girl.  I think you will find the forum pretty quiet these days.  Although, maybe you will spice it up!?!?  

2015-10-27 12:05 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

molto veloce mama
I'll try!

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

Hey girl.  I think you will find the forum pretty quiet these days.  Although, maybe you will spice it up!?!?  

2015-10-27 12:07 PM
in reply to: autumn

User image

Master
, Minnesota
Welcome back!

Originally posted by autumn

I'll try!

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

2015-10-27 12:09 PM
in reply to: leapdog

User image

molto veloce mama
Thanks!

Originally posted by leapdog

Welcome back!

2017-02-02 8:59 PM
in reply to: Slahmmer

Name - Paul
Years doing triathlon - 0
Favorite Tri Race - TBD
Home - Twin Cities - White Bear Lake, now Circle Pines
Other interesting Facts -39yrs old. 5 kids hardly any time to train. Love road biking & gravel races. Did Twin Cities Marathon in 2003.

2017-02-26 10:47 AM
in reply to: paupeter726

User image

New user
Richfield, Minnesota
Welcome, Paul!

Name - Michael

Years doing triathlon - 6

Favorite Tri Race - Buffalo or Lake Marion

Home - Richfield - Can usually be found training around Nokomis and W River Parkway

Other interesting Facts - Did my first race as a part of dare from a friend.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Introduce Yourself! Rss Feed  

of 11