General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach Twin Falls, ID Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-28 11:39 PM

Subject: Swim Coach Twin Falls, ID
Hello everyone. I was wondering if there were any swim coaches around the area of Twin Falls, ID? I do not have a swimming background but have been training off and on over the past few years. I recently completed my first olympic and sprint triathlons. My current swim time is around 1:50 - 2:00 per 100. I am not necessarily looking for anything long term, just a few sessions to analyze my form and offer pointers. The city pool at the Y here offers lessons from the lifeguards but I just do not think they can offer what I am looking for. If you are interested, let me know and we can work something out.

2012-07-03 4:40 PM
in reply to: #3572173

User image

Veteran
Kailua-Kona now in Oregon,
Subject: RE: Swim Coach Twin Falls, ID
Hi Andrew, I just moved to Twin Falls from Kona. I've been asking around about everything -- biking routes, running routes and swimming. I've pretty much have given up on swimming since I've been here but I was told at the YMCA on Elizabeth to talk with Eric about a Masters swim program they do at 5:30a.m. (too early for me since I work the swing shift). Not sure if it's an official Masters program or not but he (Eric) is a triathlete and may be able to point you in the right direction for a swim coach or give you some pointers.

I just found out yesterday that there is a running club here so I'm anxious to see what that is about. Still haven't found where to bike. Not a lot of country roads with any kind of shoulders that I've found so far. It's scary enough to run them, not sure I want to ride them with traffic climbing up my backside as fast as they drive around here.

I learned to swim in Kona with one of the best coaches ever - Steve Borowski (a former teammate and assistant coach of Mark Spitz back in the day). If you ever get to Kona definitely stop by the pool and talk to Steve. He'll get your swim stroke smoothed out in no time. I went from not knowing how to swim at all to doing the Ironman World Championship in just two years( my swim time was 1:15 for the 2.4 mile course). That's how good of coach he is. Anyhow, I was told Eric is the man to talk to about swimming. Hopefully he can get you squared away.

Take care, Randy
2013-06-30 10:11 PM
in reply to: RDub in Kona

Subject: RE: Swim Coach Twin Falls, ID
I swim in that group on Tues and Thurs at 5:30 at the Y. We're always happy to have new swimmers join us. We aren't a Masters group. Although I am a member. But we'd be glad to offer any pointers. The best way to get better is to surround yourself with swimmers who have more experience than you. You learn alot and progress quicker that way. All skill levels are welcome. Workouts can be modified to your needs. Eric is a great guy to talk to. He offers a open water swim clinic at Dierkes Lake on Fridays at 7:00. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach Twin Falls, ID Rss Feed