Race Center
72F / 22C
Sunny
Total Time = 52m 44s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I picked up a Egg McMuffin and sipped on water.
Event warmup:

30 minutes prior to the race I did some light jogging and stretching. I did some light stretching.
Run
  • 52m 44s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

I had planned to run the 10K in 54:15 I ended up running 1 minute 30 seconds faster. I started the run in the middle of the pack. I passed about a dozen runners in the parking lot headed to the road. On the road I held my place for the first mile. In the 2nd mile the two runners in front of me started to pull away. In the third mile the first runner passed me. Between miles four and five a 2nd runner passed me. I started feeling better and started to catch the two runners I had followed the first two miles of the race. I caught them at the finish but did not pass them. It would have seemed rude in a race that did not have results.
What would you do differently?:

I set my timer at 8:45 and intended to run even splits. I went thru the first mile in about 7:55. I ended up averaging about 8:30 so I slowed significantly in the middle. I have recently started doing speed workouts. I hope to extend them and watch my running times drop. I will not know if the speed workouts help my trail running until after McCubbins in two weeks.
Post race
Warm down:

I did some light stretching, grabbed some water and found some shade to watch the runners come in.

Event comments:

The race was more of a 5K and 10K time trial than a race. I was able to take 90 seconds off my estimated finish so I was very happy with the race. I will keep the course in mind for some long runs. I will just do loops.

Last updated: 2011-07-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:44 | 06.21 miles | 08m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was a mostly flat two loop course in a Wilsonville Light Industrial Park.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes