Set Up Events
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 27m 8s
Overall Rank = 106/212
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 13/19
Pre-race routine:

Up at 0500. Had some coffee to get my heart pumpin. Drove to race site sipping on some pedalyte from 0600 to 0700. Got on my knees thanked God for the opportunity to compete and prayed for a safe and successful race for all.
Event warmup:

Walking up and down the hill to the potty.
Swim
  • 11m 14s
  • 547 yards
  • 02m 03s / 100 yards
Comments:

Sorry dude.
What would you do differently?:

Not mess with my goggle strap. On the one minute countdown I decide to try to tightn my goggle straps "just a lil bit" and the thing breaks. Luckily I got it back through the clasp before the start.
Transition 1
  • 02m 26s
Comments:

Going onto this I was more concerned about overall performance than T-times. I would rather take a lil more time and be comfortable than hurry up and have that ache where something isn't fitting right. This was a HORRIBLE transition, but then again I chose not to have all the fancy gadgetry that makes T-times faster.

Hurry up McFly!
Bike
  • 44m 51s
  • 14.63 miles
  • 19.57 mile/hr
Comments:

Good ride. First race with a new tri bike. I could definitely tell the difference in a road bike with aero bars versus a geometrically designed tri bike.

Monitor cadence and exertion level more closely.
Transition 2
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

Felt a slight knot in my calf when kicking off riding shoes. Took it easy from there. Just like before, I was in no real rush. I just wanted to be comfortable for the run portion.
Run
  • 26m 31s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

My favorite part was the girls giving out the cool wet towels. Those were a life saver. Thanks, Gals!

Maybe pick it up a bit the last mile. I slacked off more than I needed to.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung around the finish area eating some fine post race goodies. Caught up with some old friends that I knew. Had some water and stretched a lil bit.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Mindset. I do this strictly for fun. Once I push myself too far it becomes more like work and less like fun. Gotta keep that balance in check.

Event comments:

Great race altogether. Whether you are a seasoned elite or a beginner just getting into the sport. The location is secluded and provides a safe environment to race. The folks that live in the development are supportive and, I believe for the most part, enjoy hosting the race. Of course there are probably those that want those "dang triathletes" to find somewhere else to race. This race was my first of the season after recovering from a stress fracture through March and April. Spent May and June getting back on track and this was a great opener for me. I enjoyed it immensely finishing with a smile on my face.

Last updated: 2011-06-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:14 | 547 yards | 02m 03s / 100yards
Age Group: 11/19
Overall: 79/212
Performance: Good
Suit: jammers
Course: Up, over, down course. It was really a better swim than anticipated. Not time wise, but ability wise. Was able to sight well and stay with the pack for the most part. All went smooth except right there at the end I had some knucklehead try to climb over top of me. Which he firmly got an attempted kick in the jimmy and few choice words. Don't think the kick landed, but I felt better.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:26
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Bad Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Bad
Biking
00:44:51 | 14.63 miles | 19.57 mile/hr
Age Group: 10/19
Overall: 101/212
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: One loop course, some hills. One patch of rough road. Consumed one bottle of pedalyte mixed with water on the course.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 75
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:25
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:31 | 03.11 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/19
Overall: 119/212
Performance: Average
Course: Out and back. The one hill I was not too happy to see, but at least the heat stayed away for the most part. Great run course with plenty of room to stay out of traffic.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %??
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes