General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit reviews Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-09 5:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Salt Lake City
Subject: Wetsuit reviews
Howdy.  I can easily find wetsuit reviews that talk about one particular wetsuit, or about multiple wetsuits from one company, or about the different types of wetsuits (full sleeve, sleeveless, etc), but I can't seem to find reviews about entry-level (or mid-level or pro-level) wetsuits across the brands.  I'm in the market for a wetsuit and would like to see how Xterra compares with Zoot compares with Blue Seventy (for example).  Are there any reviews like that out there?  Or is there a brand that I should stay away from, or one that is generally considered the best?  Or can I assume that all mid-level wetsuits are pretty much the same and just find the least expensive one?  Thanks.

2011-08-09 7:05 PM
in reply to: #3636685

User image

Subject: RE: Wetsuit reviews
Each maker is cut and fits slightly differently. What fits like a glove for me might make you uncomfortable after 100 yards and what feels like a root canal in my crotch might be the best fitting thing on the planet for you.

Find a place that lets you try on a bunch. If it fits in the store, it's too large. If you feel like you're wrestling a gorilla, it's probably about right. Then rent that make/model and go swim a time or two in it. That's the real test.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit reviews Rss Feed