General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simi Valley,CA Area Wildflower plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-09-13 3:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Paso Robles, California
Subject: Simi Valley,CA Area Wildflower plans

After doing some thinking I think the best way to get people together for training is to set-up a goal race for everyone and work on plans for that race.

I know that the training may be different, but if we get enough people together we can have people pair up. 

I will start the sigh-up list for those in the Simi Area (TO, Camarillo, Chatsworth, Northridge, etc)

Here is the info needed:
Wildflower Training Team 2006 (May 5-7, 2006)

Name:Distance DesiredHome (City)Triathlon Experience (describe)
Long, Oly, Sprint

I am willing to do what ever I need to get this together, find you a plan, a bike, different training routes.  I don't care, I just would like to find some people to do the race with me.

Let me know,
Jason

2005-09-14 3:05 PM
in reply to: #246168

New user

Westlake Village, CA
Subject: RE: Simi Valley,CA Area Wildflower plans
Hey Jason,
I am a recent grad from UC Berkeley who has recently moved back down south and decided to start training for a triathlon to keep myself in shape and sane.

I currently live in Westlake and would like to be able to at least have compete in a sprint distance, however I wouldn't mind taking it up a notch and going for an Olympic. I currently don't yet have a trial bike, but am working on it so if you have any info about getting an affordable training bike I'd appreciate it.

2005-09-14 10:05 PM

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
See my post to Wildflower 2006, re the training weekend planned for Nov 4-6.  All you SoCAl folks are welcome to join us. 
2005-09-14 10:38 PM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
I second this.  We did this last year and it was a blast. 
2005-10-04 4:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Paso Robles, California
Subject: Wildflower plans??

Still waited on somemore interest here.  I have been away and want to revive this?

Wildflower Training Team 2006 (May 5-7, 2006)

NamesDistance Desired (Long, Oly, Spr)Home (City)Triathlon Experience (describe)
Jason RyalsOlympicSimi Valley, CAHave completed 11 races now.  I concentrate on the Olympic distance, but in the future I will be going longer.

Lets here from you . . .

2005-10-07 10:46 PM

Regular
Jason, I'm going to have to pass on this one. For next year, I want to do a coupld more sprints before I tackle longer distances...in particular, the swim! I will, however consider other events. Check out www.kozenterprises.com for other sprints in the San Diego area. For sure, my big target race will be the LA Tri again...

Danny

2005-10-08 4:51 PM
in reply to: #259402

Subject: RE: Wildflower plans??

I'm doing Wildflower, but still undecided if I'll do the OLY or just a sprint. If I do the OLY it will be my first. I'm out of the range to train with anyone! Hope my evesdropping on you all will help me sta focused!

Hope to see you all there!

2005-10-10 11:07 AM
in reply to: #261956

User image

Extreme Veteran
Paso Robles, California

Danny,

Another race that is local to look at for a sprint is http://strawberryfieldstri.com it is up in Oxnard, fun race race.  I have done it the past two years to warm-up for WF.  Where do you practice swimming?  Maybe we can meet up and workout together.

Jason

2005-10-10 5:31 PM

Regular
Jason,
The Strawberry Tri looks something I can do. The swimming distances suits me to a tee! That's assuming I recover from the LA Marathon that I got coaxed into doing with some friends of mine. Originally, the organizers were saying they were going to have the LA Marathon towards the beginning of March. Now, they moved it on the 19th! That's right!...one week before the Strawberry Tri! Ah, forget it! I'll sign up to do both.

For swimming, I usually "do" laps at the 24hour Fitness gym on Madera in Simi. I say "do" because my endurance in the water literally sucks! No offense but I'd rather swim alone just because it's soooooo bad that it's embarassing! But, if you're up for a ride or run, I'm down with that! Anyone else up for a ride or run?
2005-10-24 3:24 PM
in reply to: #262082

User image

Extreme Veteran
Paso Robles, California
newbiedoo - 2005-10-08 2:51 PM

I'm doing Wildflower, but still undecided if I'll do the OLY or just a sprint. If I do the OLY it will be my first. I'm out of the range to train with anyone! Hope my evesdropping on you all will help me sta focused!

I will be honest with you, if you have the time to put in 10 hours a week to train, I would go for the Olympic.  It is 7 months away and that can be accomplished with some mental motivation and support.  If you need either, this is grea tplace to find it.

And is that Crede or Pods in your avatar?

Jason

2005-10-24 3:24 PM
in reply to: #262082

User image

Extreme Veteran
Paso Robles, California
newbiedoo - 2005-10-08 2:51 PM

I will be honest with you, if you have the time to put in 10 hours a week to train, I would go for the Olympic.  It is 7 months away and that can be accomplished with some mental motivation and support.  If you need either, this is great place to find it.

And is that Crede or Pods in your avatar?

Jason

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simi Valley,CA Area Wildflower plans Rss Feed