General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Made To Tri - Huntington Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-30 9:10 AM

User image

Smithtown, Long Island, NY
Subject: Made To Tri - Huntington Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread
Open forum for us to discuss the course, how the terrain is, maybe put together a group ride, etc.

2011-08-31 10:47 AM
in reply to: #3665455

User image

Subject: RE: Made To Tri - Huntington Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread
the areas fairly hilly, nothing terrible if you bike hills regularly. one big climb in the run and other than that flat, get to run back down it
2011-09-29 10:29 AM
in reply to: #3667352

anyone know how the person that was seriously hurt on the bike is doing and I was dissappointed that they had kids acting as bike security to get your bike , one cold have easliy been stolen, i think usat needs to have a strict policy on getting bikes out of transition at all their scantion races
2011-09-29 8:02 PM
in reply to: #3705030

User image

i know i was a bit horrified that they took the barriers down especially since i dont take my stuff out till i lieave, i emailed the director
2011-10-24 6:25 AM

I participated in several races this year, and I did not like the bike course at all.  Every time there was a downhill, there was someone telling you to slow down in order to make the turns at the bottom of the hill. I liked the beach.  I liked the swim (yes I liked the shallow swim course).  And I liked the run course.  I understand the area is difficult for a bike course.  May a slightly different route can be considered. 

All in all, the event was enjoyable and I had fun.  Thanks

2011-10-24 8:05 AM

User image

Smithtown, Long Island, NY
I agree. I had a great time, but I noticed the problem with the hills when I practiced the course before hand. Every time I got a good bit of speed on the downhill, I needed to slow down/stop. Don't know if there is an alternative, other than incorporating 25A/Ft Salonga Road into more of the course. Of course, that means more auto traffic.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Made To Tri - Huntington Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed