General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMWI-WOoHOos here Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2011-09-13 11:42 AM
in reply to: #3683851

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: IMWI-WOoHOos here

Thank you guys for your support! I really enjoyed the experience (I even started to feel like Steph I was smiling so much Smile . And, I'm going to provide a ringing endorsement for the kits too because the fun comments from the other athletes definitely helped keep the mood positive.  The crowd support for this race was phenomenal and the city was a great host. I was out for a quick test ride on Saturday and someone was out in their yard and yelled out "good luck tomorrow!".

The keys to enjoying an Ironman are:

1) pick a good venue

2) find some poor saps that are willing to suffer through the training with you Wink

The Buttercups are what made the experience so great and are the only reason I was crazy enough to consider doing this race 3 1/2 months out from race day.

2011-09-13 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3684360

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
Subject: RE: IMWI-WOoHOos here
crazyalaskian - 2011-09-13 12:42 PM

The keys to enjoying an Ironman are:

1) pick a good venue

2) find some poor saps that are willing to suffer through the training with you Wink

The Buttercups are what made the experience so great and are the only reason I was crazy enough to consider doing this race 3 1/2 months out from race day.

X2

Madison is a great venue.

It's always good to have other fools to train with - whether in person or virtually.

Team Buttercup rocked it Sunday!!!  The kits were so much fun, I can't count the number of people that where cheering for Team Buttercup and had no clue who we were.  Even after I finished I had people coming up to me saying they loved our kits and were cheering all day for us.

Huge THANKS to Doug, Steph, Becky & Katie for making this entire experience so much fun!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMWI-WOoHOos here Rss Feed  

of 3