General Discussion Race Reports! » Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run - RunUltra Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Layton, Utah
United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 131/270
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 3 am to start earting and hydrating. Walked over to the park where we met the bus to the start and rode the bus talking to a few people and relaxing.
Event warmup:

Stretched a little
Run
  • 33h 32m 52s
  • 100 miles
  • 20m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

I ended up doing better than I thought I might even considering I got sick once, got off course for 40 minutes once and became hypothermic once. I think I could do a sub-30 on this course on a good day.
What would you do differently?:

THe time I got sick was my own fault, I pushed too hard out of Big Mountain when it was still pretty warm out and I hadn't let the food from the aid station settle enough yet. I also could have been carrying a light jacket out of Lambs Canyon and probably would have avoided the hypothermia.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Early season injury kept my training intensity down a bit and all the closures of the mountain trails in New Mexico due to fire danger this summer prevented most of my mountain running.

Event comments:

Despite the fact that Wasatch is a serious ass kicker I find myself already wanting to go back. It's an awesome race.

Last updated: 2011-03-02 12:00 AM
Running
33:32:52 | 100 miles | 20m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/270
Performance:
Course: Brutal and beautiful. Over 27,000 feet of climbing and over 27,000 feet of descending. Many spots are very rocky and dusty. It gets hot during the day and cold at night.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-09-15 7:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Albuquerque, NM
Subject: Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run Rss Feed