General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good job at the Wilmington Tri today! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-17 7:59 PM

New user

Subject: Good job at the Wilmington Tri today!

I just wanted to say good job to all of the amazing triathletes I spent time with today at the Wilmington Tri event.  This was my first race and I had a great time in the novice group!  Glad the rain held off...

Your thoughts?

Anyone considering the November event at the Hillsborough SportsPlex?

GabyMaria

2011-09-18 9:40 PM
in reply to: #3690797

User image

Master
Bolivia, NC
Subject: RE: Good job at the Wilmington Tri today!
I thought about it earlier but we have a wedding in CT that weekend so I won't be able to make it.  After the swim on Saturday this one will be a breeze for you.  Of course if you've never done a pool swim before that will be a new experience for you.  Be sure to practice changing lanes by swimming under the lane dividers.  And don't let it bother you if you have to pass people or they want to pass you, it's all part of a pool swim.  Have fun.
2011-09-19 5:26 PM

New user

On the first post I mistakenly said Nov 15 for the Sports Plex even - it is really Oct 15, and I have to work that day!  Anyway, I was looking forward to a nice, local event to help me stay focused on the training plan getting into the chillier months.  

Fortunately, I grew up in the pool and love swimming!  The tri tends to be more difficult for me in the bike, then the run...gotta get more strength and endurance in that critical 2/3 of the event Laughing

By the way, the Wilmington YMCA event was superbly done.  I am so impressed with them - as a newbie, I felt taken care of and in good hands.

-Gaby

2011-09-19 6:47 PM

User image

Elite
N Carolina
If you had fun at the Wilmington triathlon, take a look at the Shipwreck Triathlon in Holden Beach Nov 5.  It is listed under "Other Events" on the Set Up Events website.  I'm looking forward to that race, but I'm afraid it might get cancelled due to low participant count.
2011-09-19 8:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
The Holden Beach race is the weekend after B2B.  I'm suprised that they would put on a race the weekend after B2B.  The Holden Beach race should have been set for late Sept early Oct so people could use it as a warm up race to sharpen transitions and get in another open water swim prior to B2B (I am assuming it's an ows but I have not looked at the specifics of the race).
2011-09-20 6:32 AM

User image

Good morning,

I enjoyed the tri too! It was only the 2nd one I have done and although I didn't like waiting around so long to get going I thought the routes were well marked and everything went smoothly.  Could have had a larger area in the exit to start the bike.

The other bummer about the Holden Beach tri is the Battleship half marathon is the next day. I know it's not a tri event, but it's really popular.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Good job at the Wilmington Tri today! Rss Feed