General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Replacement rollers for Cycleops bike rollers? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-12 2:52 PM

Veteran
Waterloo, Ontario
Subject: Replacement rollers for Cycleops bike rollers?

Last night I tried to augment the resistance on my plastic rollers with the classic "put a towel under the rear roller" approach.  Unfortunately, I folded it one too many times, it heated up massively after 1-2 minutes (was turning 400W at speeds that usually take 150W), and now my rear roller is warped.

I've googled around a bunch, and can't find anywhere to get replacement rollers, which seems odd.  Is there some hidden term I should look for?  I've tried "cycleops roller replacement" and things like that.  Can I get third-party rollers?  Can I make my own?  Can I put the bad roller on the middle or front slots so minimize bumpiness?

I've heard of people getting replacement rollers with smaller diameters for more resistance, but I haven't even found anything like that.

tl;dr: I'm dumb and warped a roller.  How can I fix this without buying a whole new set?

2011-10-12 6:53 PM
in reply to: #3721420

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada
Subject: RE: Replacement rollers for Cycleops bike rollers?
I would say call them up and see what they can do for you.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Replacement rollers for Cycleops bike rollers? Rss Feed