Australian Triathlon Forum New South Wales » anyone doing any of the elite energy tri's Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-16 1:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: anyone doing any of the elite energy tri's

just seeing if anyone is doing any of the elite energy tri's this summer i see forster was on this weekend . im doing my first ever tri in huskisson in 2 weeks and thinking about doing a few others the start of next year.

2011-10-21 6:04 AM
in reply to: #3725430

Subject: RE: anyone doing any of the elite energy tri's

Hey mate,

I did my first Sprint race ever at Forster on Saturday (and all my swim squad pacing went out the window as I got caught up in the moment and went flat out in the first 200m...that was a mistake!!! lol

Watched my mate race the Ultimate and Sunday was a perfect day, except for a bit of wind.  I havent been to Huskisson, but they are talking it up as another Huskisson. It had about 870 registered for both days and believe next year will be bigger and better.  Its definitely a good course!  Am looking to do another 1 in the next couple of months and possibly travel to Huskisson as well.

On an organisational note they are definitely well organised (although there were a few issues at the bike turnaround points.) but overall pretty well organised.

2011-10-27 3:13 AM

User image

Sydney
Yeah heading down to Husky for the sprint race on Sunday. Previous Husky races (long course) have be great races. See you there!
2011-10-31 10:12 PM

User image

Sydney
How was the sprint race in the weekend? Emo always puts on a good event and the weather was just perfect. I managed a brown medal in the 50-54 old boys race but was about 4 mins down on what I should have been doing (did a 1:14:??). Hope you are all signed up for the Kurnell World Series :-) coming up in the next months, I'll miss the first one on the 20th due to racing the NZ selection in Auckland for the AG team to the worlds but will be doing the remaining 3 races. I race for Coogee Tri now so say hi if you come across a Coogee member. Cheers Pete Mcleod
2011-11-01 8:00 PM

User image

Veteran
first tri went preety good at husky. my training was pretty crap the last 2 weeks but i was happy with my time 1:27:34 came in 12 out of 22 in 30-34 . swim was a struggle i was so stuffed ,i was more tired after swim then after run . struggled at first on bike then settled in and had a pretty good run. i found every thing was run great plenty of people there to tell you where to go and didnt have to line up long for anything
2011-11-10 5:15 AM

User image

Veteran
Sydney

Nice work on your first tri mate.

I'm doing the races in Nowra, Wollongong and Port Stephens organised by Elite Energy, their events always seem well organised. I'll be doing the Sprints in Nowra and the Gong, and Olympic in Port.

I was down at Huskisson as the support crew for the brother-in-law who did the Olympic distance. Looked like a great event, I'll add that to the calendar for next year.

Any more planned?

2011-11-17 5:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Manly

ill be doing the club distance at callala and have entered the oly at port stephens.

Dextro ITU sydney opens for entry on the 29th Nov so will try and get a place for that.

Akuma, - where are you based out of mate?

2011-11-18 12:40 AM
in reply to: #3905143

User image

Veteran
Sydney

Yeah Callala was just a bit too early for me this time with such a late start to the seasons training, to be honest Nowra probably is too but I'll give it a shot. I'll be lining up at Port as well, looking forward to that one.

Neil - I am based out near Camden, Sydney ... outer south western suburbs, where are you?

2011-11-21 4:25 AM

User image

Veteran
im trying to shoose between the syd cbd oly tri and the long course at huskisson there both $275 i thinks . the oly one would be  great play to do a tri but is a bit the price is a bit step. the long course would be a real test for me but would give me something to train for
2011-11-21 6:16 AM

User image

Veteran
Sydney
If you've never done the Syd ITU one before, that would be amazing being a world event. Also I believe the Olympic distance course takes you over and around the landmarks of Sydney, so for pure atmosphere of the event, I'd be tempted for that one. Prices are pretty steep though granted.
2011-12-14 12:29 AM
in reply to: #3909543

User image

Veteran
Manly

thecouch - 2011-11-21 4:25 AM im trying to shoose between the syd cbd oly tri and the long course at huskisson there both $275 i thinks . the oly one would be  great play to do a tri but is a bit the price is a bit step. the long course would be a real test for me but would give me something to train for

doing both. The sydney oly is expensive but cant wait to swim round opera house and cycle over the bridge... 

2011-12-22 10:46 PM

User image

Veteran
ive just signed up for the huskisson long course on feb19th its going to be a struggle for me but thats why i signed up. just booked a unpowered camp site for $30 a night doesnt look like there is much left in town. i here most races are going to be a sell out by race day
2012-01-08 11:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Manly
see you down at huski mate! 
2012-02-11 3:05 AM

User image

I signed up for my first triathlon (Sprint distance) yesterday at Batemans Bay which is an elite energy one.

Im REAL excited for it and have been browsing various triathlon sites and forums all day.

Hope to catch ya there

2012-10-05 8:26 AM

New York City

Hi all,

I am living in NYC at the moment but am coming home to Oz for December and decided have entered the Calalla beach tri. I entered the sprint distance cause it is only 4 days after i get there and I was not sure how i will go after the jet lag etc. I am really looking forward to it - what a great area! A couple friends wll be doing it too so a little reunion as well!

One thing I do want to ask is if anyone knows of a place that rents road/tri bikes? (either in sydney or surrounding area). I am still tossing up whether or not to fly with mine... If i can just rent one then that would logically be a better option. So if anyone knows of a place I would love to hear from you!

looking forward to getting my feet bac on Aussie ground!

cheers,

Kylie

2012-12-09 7:16 AM

Tossing up whether to do the Orange one.. It falls on a weekend that I am off work so that works and I think all the others are the weekend that I do work..Probably also do the all women's one in April. Sounds good!! Aiming to jump from enticers to sprint distance at some stage, so I may well use Orange to do so.. But not sure as I will have a club race the following weekend, and may do sprint that race.Know a few people who did Calalla this weekend.. 2 family members podiumed sprint and club distance, and a friend did really well in the enticer as well.

2013-01-20 6:42 AM

I'm going to sign up for women's only event in April at Penrith. It will be my first time, so doing the mini I live in Yass, so will travel to Sydney for it. Used to live in Sydney so able to stay with family. Wish I lived near the beach though!!! Miss open water swims...
2013-01-26 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4586594

User image

Regular
NSW

I did my first sprint Tri in the Women's regatta at Penrith in Nov (I think).

Its a great event, well organised and no current. Will probably do the same event in April to gauge any improvement. There was easily 1-2mins I could take off the swim, because I am so used to the still water swimming for some reason I panicked when I couldn't see the line at the bottom, even though I was aware of it. So now I have been entering a whole bunch of OWS so that I can get my head around it.

I will be bringing the whole family down from Newcastle again.

2013-01-28 3:10 AM

User image

Champion
Sydney

I agree the womens race in Penrith is fantastic... I have done it 3 times I think and been out there twice as support crew for other girls... wonderful vibe, well organised and hugely supportive environment...

Also as a step from the pool to OWS its easier than the ocean thats for sure! Good luck! You will LOVE it!

2013-02-16 11:26 PM

Just to clarify - the All Women's Tri in April (Elite Energy) is different to the one run in October/November (Tri NSW) - I have done the Tri NSW one at Penrith for the last 3 years and it is an amazing event - one which I ALWAYS pen down in my diary.

The one upcoming in April is a new event being run by Elite Energy, so will be a different organisation running it. But I have no doubt it will still be great and yay, it's on my weekend off work! I didn't get to do Orange or Husky II but looking at doing Port Stephens.

Edited by At_Least_I_Tried 2013-02-16 11:32 PM
2013-02-17 11:45 PM
in reply to: #4625440

User image

Regular
NSW
At_Least_I_Tried - 2013-02-17 4:26 PM

Just to clarify - the All Women's Tri in April (Elite Energy) is different to the one run in October/November (Tri NSW) - I have done the Tri NSW one at Penrith for the last 3 years and it is an amazing event - one which I ALWAYS pen down in my diary.

The one upcoming in April is a new event being run by Elite Energy, so will be a different organisation running it. But I have no doubt it will still be great and yay, it's on my weekend off work! I didn't get to do Orange or Husky II but looking at doing Port Stephens.

Yes I did see it was a different group running it, but I think the course will be the same or similar, so that will give me a guide as to how I am going as the one in Nov was my first ever Sprint Tri. Hopefully the course maps will be out soon and I will have a look at them..

I drove past the Port Stephens bike leg on Saturday,and that looks like a pretty good course. So I will probably see you there!

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum New South Wales » anyone doing any of the elite energy tri's Rss Feed