General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do most Tri's give Finisher Medals? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-10-06 8:10 AM
in reply to: #260060

User image

Pro
Woodstock,GA
Subject: RE: Do most Tri's give Finisher Medals?
Normally you are not going to get a medal for anything shorter than a HIM (at least around here). Personally I would rather have a cheaper race and no medal, speaking from someone who has helped put a race on those little medals are quite expensive in regards to everything else associated with the race. By limiting the swag you have to pay for then you can keep the race fees lower.

2005-10-06 1:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Arlington Heights, IL
I get medals from sprint tris that have a big corporate sponsor (Reebok, Danskin), and also for some 5ks (Nike). Only once did I get one from a truly local tri.

They can keep them. And it isn't about the cost. It is just more momentos to clutter up my house. Unlike the t-shirts, which I wear almost every day, and the bib numbers, which I scrapbook, I can't think of what to do with the medals. I bought a frame for the one I got at my very first tri, but the others just get thrown somewhere when I get home from the race and then resurface unexpectedly. I tripped over one this morning, as a matter of fact. I proceeded to toss it in the back of a closet, where I probably won't see it again until I move.
2005-10-06 2:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal
As for Machiavelo, I got medals for the events organized by Somersault (Ottawa, Canada). Honestly I don't really care about the medal. My daughter plays with it for 10 mintues and then its done. Somersault also has an option where, for a few extra $, you get a tech shirt (dry fit). I like the option of paying a few extra $ for the better shirt. I just started racing this year, and I already have a ton of cotton white t-shirts.
2005-10-06 2:12 PM

User image

Expert
Portland,OR

So far I've only done 3 tris and 1 5K and I got a finishers medal for one of the tris.  It seems like the running races are more liberal with them.  i am doing the LA marathon Bike tour next week and they will be giving one out, and I'm doing the Pacific Shoreline 1/2 Mary in Feb and I'm pretty sure they give one as well.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do most Tri's give Finisher Medals? Rss Feed  

of 2