General Discussion Race Reports! » 2005- Haney to Harrison Ultra Relay Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

2005- Haney to Harrison Ultra Relay - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Harrison, British Columbia
Canada
BC Athletics
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 06m 14s
Overall Rank = 54/298
Age Group = Police/Fire
Age Group Rank = 2/17
Pre-race routine:

Drop off the runners. Ate a clif bar and drank some water. Had a couple cups of coffee a few potty breaks as it was 3 hours until I ran. Got up early picked up the race van and met the team. Drove to Haney to get the first runner ready to run. Seen her off and drove to leg 2 to meet and give number to leg 2 runner. Seen her off and drove behind her to bug the hell out of her when she was running, lots of screaming involved in that one.
Event warmup:

Got out of the van about 1/2 mile before the leg exchange and decided to run/walk around. Got my jacket and pants off and touque and gave it to a team member. Got my chip and ran.
Run
  • 1h 06m 14s
  • 15.19 kms
  • 04m 22s  min/km
Comments:

Good run. I could have picked it up a bit but still at the end I could hardly walk after the exchange and I could taste blood.
What would you do differently?:

Not much.
Post race
Warm down:

Sat in the van, did some stretches Ate some food. Dropped of leg 5 runner. Ate some more drank some water. Dropped off Leg 6 runner Ate a bagel and a clif shot. Drove to find Leg 6 runner to bug him. Noticed that he was having trouble. Well, leg 6 runners hamstring blew. So, I had to run again. 8 More K in about 38 mins. Pushed hard and felt like crap.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. I trained hard for this race.
We finished:
134/ 298 6/14 in the police/fire division 8:35:36 over all time.

Event comments:

Just a big race. Some of it on highways. Hard to run with cars coming at you. Its a good race well organized in some spots. not so much in others.
I like it cause you are with a team and you can yell at people. Also, this year, I chased one of the team mates with a stick. Hillarious.
I had a hard time on the second leg. Ran 23-24 K in total this race

Last updated: 2005-11-06 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:14 | 15.19 kms | 04m 22s  min/km
Age Group: 2/17
Overall: 54/298
Performance: Good
Ran behind a guy going for 103. Kept with him most of the way seen him @ the finish and thanked him for pacing me. Told him he was a good rabbit. My team bugged me when I was running around. It was prett good. I still can not believe I ran that fast.
Course: Leg 3(Steep uphill, steady downhill) Stave Lake Dam to Mission Municipal Hall. Cross over both dams and climb steeply uphill for 1 km. After short downhill, road continues uphill to Mill Pond, then continues downhill to Dewdney Trunk Road. Road becomes undulating. Stay left and continue along Dewdney Trunk Road until Exchange 3 at Stave Lake Street, at the Mission Municipal Hall
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-11-06 1:19 PM

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC
Subject: 2005- Haney to Harrison Ultra Relay
Just a fun race.
We were running fast and having a good time.
My friend that blew his hammy, is doing well, he has to go to physio and take a few days off of work. But other than that he is good.
I am super stiff today.
During my second leg, I just kept thinking, its like doing a tri, now you have finish it off! Just keep running. Too much food in my stomach for the second one but all in all I did well.

Edited by Crazypop 2005-11-06 1:22 PM

2005-11-07 1:15 PM
in reply to: #279124

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-11-07 2:57 PM
in reply to: #279124

Subject: RE: 2005- Haney to Harrison Ultra Relay
Crazypop - you absolutely smoked this race! Fabulous pace!! Way to go
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 2005- Haney to Harrison Ultra Relay Rss Feed