General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo diet article in this month's Runner's world Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-07 1:38 PM

User image

Master
Malvern, PA
Subject: Paleo diet article in this month's Runner's world

Positive article in this month's Runner's World about the Paleo Diet as i know some of us have or are going to buy the books and possibly give it a try ...

I myself finished The Paleo Diet and am in the middle of The Paleo Diet for Athletes but not yet ready to give it a try - these next 8 weeks are killers as far as diets go - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, a few birthdays (including mine), football, etc. and although the Turkey Challenge has kept me from at least gaining any weight it would be fruitless to even attempt any type of caloric restriction...

So...

maybe I'd be up for giving it a try in January or February - my only problem is the only thing keeping me from going full-force into this is that i lost 27-28 pounds about two years ago on Atkins/South Beach( the only reason I've gained about 12 pounds back is because I've not been following my carbs closely) and I feel it's a great "lifestyle" for those of us who are insulin sensitive/resistant - I feel that scientifically those are diets that are effective for those conditions - simliar to diabetics and heart patients diets.

If I'm understanding Paleo correctly it also may be a good lifestyle/diet for insulin resistant individuals due to reduced and specific carbs. 

Any feedback? Support? Arguments? Always interested in other opinions and advice.

Edited by maxmattmick 2005-11-07 1:40 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo diet article in this month's Runner's world Rss Feed