BT Development New Products and Sales! » So, last year when I asked what YOU wanted from Endless Pools... Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-09-15 11:21 AM
in reply to: #368420

User image

New user
Subject: RE: So, last year when I asked what YOU wanted from Endless Pools...
Think I could install the same thing off my dock at the lake???

2006-10-12 4:09 PM
in reply to: #368420

User image

Master
Raleigh, North Carolina
Subject: RE: So, last year when I asked what YOU wanted from Endless Pools...

I had the opportunity to try the fastlane out at this year's St. Anthony's tri.  Technically, I think the equipment is quite good.  What you can't really see from the pics is that there's also a stainless steel/mirror type reflective surface where you can actually look down and see your reflection while you're swimming.  Awesome for checking out and adjusting your form!  Of course, the guy demo'ing the thing got me started and made me feel comfortable before really letting me know how much work the fastlane could make me do. 

I think you guys nailed the concerns and are now sucking in those in the $5k to $8k range up to $18k range. 

What's the next demographic you're going after???  $1k to $5k?  I think that if you want to unload your product and suck up a ton of sales, you're going to have to find a way around the following question:

"Do I want a carbon bike with zipp wheelset or do I want a fastlane?"  Triathletes spend around 50% of their total race time on their bikes.  If I have $5k and I were given a choice, I would go after the bike gear first since it would have a more significant effect on my race.  If I have $1-2k, I may be swayed. 

I think that Fastlane is going to be constantly competing with high end tri gear such as computrainers, power meters, treadmills, carbon frames. 

Me trying out the fastlane 

New Thread
BT Development New Products and Sales! » So, last year when I asked what YOU wanted from Endless Pools... Rss Feed  

of 2