General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PodiumQuest 'Revolution hydration system' Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-05 4:44 PM

User image

Expert
Seattle WA
Subject: PodiumQuest 'Revolution hydration system'

Does anyone have one of these? General review?

link: http://www.trisports.com/rehysy.html

Howdoes this rate with stuff splashing out? I'd plan to put water in one, gatorade in the other compartment. Would like to avoid getting everything all sticky.

Thanks!!
Tom

2006-04-05 5:35 PM
in reply to: #389299

User image

Subject: RE: PodiumQuest 'Revolution hydration system'

Here is a fix for the link.

http://www.trisports.com/rehysy.html

I use a 50oz camelback aero design. If I were to change it would be to go to the 70oz model. I like the convenience and it only takes a few seconds to put on and take it off.

I am not wild about having the stuff up front like that due to the splashing everyone talks about coming back on you.

In the oly races I just have a gatorade in the transition area. I'm preparing for an HIM and will have one waterbottle on the bike with Gatorade.

Good luck!

2012-07-05 7:28 PM

I know this is a super old thread, but does anyone else use this system? If so, what do you like/dislike about it? Thanks!
2012-07-06 8:03 AM
in reply to: #4296371

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota

handerson2005 - 2012-07-05 7:28 PM I know this is a super old thread, but does anyone else use this system? If so, what do you like/dislike about it? Thanks!

I used this 2 years ago when training for and racing in my first Ironman. 

Pros: It's big.  It holds lots of fluid and it's easy to fill.  It's sturdy.  There's no side-to-side action that some folks experience with the Profile Design models.  The straws are right up in my bid-ness, reminding me to take a drink.

Cons: It's huge.  When full, I could feel it sloshing its contents around and sometimes it impacted my balance on the bike.  The tanks are full of nooks and crannies, making them difficult to clean.  The caps tend to fly up when I run over bumps, sending precious sports drink into my lap.

All in all, it's a good tool for training rides when you need to carry mass quantities of fluid.  But, for racing, even at IM distance, I would stick with 1 bottle between the aerobars and one on the downtube.

2012-07-06 11:59 AM

Thanks for the review! Sounds like it'll be too much for my needs. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PodiumQuest 'Revolution hydration system' Rss Feed