Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

No warm up just light stretching.
Swim
  • 09m 17s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 19s / 100 meters
Comments:

After witnessing a few closes calls from people wanting to swim in the middle of the lane, I kept so close to the ropes, I hit it a few times. Despite that, someone came pretty close to having a head on with me (idiot).
What would you do differently?:

I have a lot of improving to do in the water but I have come a long way from last year, which I'm very happy with. I am working on bi-lateral breathing which would make a more rouded experience for me in the water. Overall, I'm happy with the results (although slower than expected), but fine.
Transition 1
  • 02m 45s
Comments:

Lost track of T1 (forgot to set my stop watch). The cap they provided was on real tight so I had a little trouble with it, but otherwise fine.

I considered not putting on socks for the bike like last time but opted otherwise which came in handy (see T2 comments).

Was just a little disorganized cause I was a bit over-confident (need to stop that). T1 was fine otherwise.
Bike
  • 23m 40s
  • 6 miles
  • 15.21 mile/hr
Comments:

Had a lot of trouble with clipping shoes on again, even more than last year (don't know why), but was OK afterwards.

I managed to do what I've always seen people do that I dread seeing - I dropped my water bottle as I tried putting it back in the cage (lucky, the guy behind me saw & swerved in time & the bottle ended up in the grass, on the side of the road). Lost time there but quickly caught up to & passed Carol (I could tell she hated that), whom I met at the pool line last year.

Put the aerobars on last minute (night before), was very happy I did. Was much more comfortable (belly is getting smaller & I'm getting stronger). I was more comfortable on the aeros than not.

Need to get on the bike more often and with more distance. Being on the aero is becoming a better experience but still need to work on it (especially if I'm going to do a HIM by the end of the season.)

I need to remember to start unstrapping shoes long before I need to stop. That saves me a lot of time.
Transition 2
  • 01m 47s
Comments:

Everything was a mess when I got to T2. Everyone decided my small empty spot was a dumping ground for their gear & bikes so I didn't even know where my spot was (my stuff was completely covered with other people's stuff). I had actually passed it once from all the junk. Had no choice but to kick stuff away & toss whatever I could not kick (like bikes), it was just a dump. Luckly, I already had socks on so switching shoes was not bad at all.

I would definetly look for an end spot like I did the first time I raced here. The mess people left behind was just horrible (should have asked someone to take a picture of T2).
Being there to set your spot is more important than you know until everyone's gear is all over yours. I think I tie a big, thick ribbon in my spot next time for easy sighting.
Run
  • 16m 45s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

Took me about 1/2mi for my legs to adjust. Was fine after that, except HR was very high the entire way. The tiny hills we had really took a lot of effort.
In the end, I was satisfied with the run. I kept my run at just below max as possible. There were several clydesdales I had picked out before the race to make sure to try to beat an I did. The last one with the tattoo I caught about 1/2mi from the finish. I could've gone faster & harder but I need to get used to the fatigue.

Need to work on hill repeats. The tiny incines they gave us really sucked the life out of me. I was very satisified with my run, overall.
Post race
Warm down:

Did none of this but wish I did right afterwards. Was so busy with family, taking pictures and making sure I got at least one bagel with jelly and butter, I totaly forgot about stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

More practice needed, more time running, swimming, and cycling. Sleep comes in tying for first place of practice needed. I am so bad a this. I know I could do much better with everything, not just sports if I could only sleep more.

Event comments:

Was dissappointed there were no finishing medals this year. There were plenty of bagesls with nothing to spread on them. Those are my only little gripes for this race that I've done before.

Was amazed at how Andreas (race director), remembered no only me but my name despite us talking for (maybe), only 30sec last year (this guy has about 6 races he organizes every year).

Looking at the run course this year, compared to last (& from experience), I know someone totally screwed up setting up the run course last year. This explains why my run time registed something like a 5min/mi pace in 05.

I'm happier with my performance this year, compared to last but not totally what I should've done. I need to make sure I come close to getting to the top of my AG for 07. My family immediately noticed my swim was much fast & smoother. I didn't appear to almost collapse (while gasping for air), at the walls. I still managed to pass one person in the water (Carol again) :) And am very happy to say no one passed me this time......except Carol running to T1 but I took care of that on the bike.

I think this tiny race is perfect to welcome the new season, to kind of "break the ice" (pun intended), and would like to do it again for 07, maybe more (especially if it's the only race where I stand a chance of ever standing on the podium one day).

Last updated: 2006-04-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:17 | 400 meters | 02m 19s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Using my Polar for my numbers for now. I need to wait for the official times to be posted.
Suit: No
Course: 100 meter pool, swim by snaking our way to the ladder and out to T1.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:45
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:23:40 | 06 miles | 15.21 mile/hr
Performance:
HR indicates I averaged 12mph but I know I went faster while riding. See comments on bike. Cateye registered: distance:6.74mi Avg pace: 12.7mph Max pace: 23.8mph
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: 3 loops of 2 miles each, closed, flat course inside park, closely watched by both volunteers & parks dept. I put down smooth surface but there were some buppy spots that forced me to ge off the earobars. There was also some water from previous day's rain and sand to look out for.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 90
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:47
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:16:45 | 02 miles | 08m 23s  min/mile
Performance: Good
My Polar readings where off due to my lack of concentration. Besides, my Polar would never match the event's times.
Course: Some grass, gravel & blacktop, mostly flat in a closed park trail.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-04-15 10:35 PM

Master
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: Mini Mighty Man Sprint Triathlon

2006-04-17 1:48 PM
in reply to: #397443

User image

Extreme Veteran
northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Mini Mighty Man Sprint Triathlon

Congratulations on your TRi!!!!!  That race sounds like a lot of fun.  Good job!

Diane

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mini Mighty Man Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed