General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feeling good leads to feeling bad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-02 7:00 AM

Ashland, Ma
Subject: feeling good leads to feeling bad
So I am a newbie....
been back to the gym for about 2.5 months adhering to a walk / run progression on the treadmill and riding the Life Cycle uping my times and intensity following all the great advice here. I added in some bicycle road work in a very controlled environment (bike path in a park very early in am) after my first two initial clipless crashes the first time out on my new bike.

I have felt great, better than I have in a long time when I felt weary I took recovery days or eased up on my progression. I have made steady satisfying improvements...............so much so that I forgot what you vets have told me no more than ten percent increase..............I went out for a bicycle ride on what was scheduled for a day off. I rode my hybrid (knobby tires) instead of my road bike 2.5 x further than any of my previous rides of 5 miles for a dist of 13 miles and I pushed because I felt so good from all my planned hard work...................woke up the next day with pretty stiff and sore knees. I have Osgood Schlatter that usually doesnt bother me too much except for kneeling as long as all is done in moderation with good preperation.....................

Silly me but a rather good lesson for all you other newbies with, I hope, no long term problems and I still have almost a year until my first Tri....slow and steady may not win the race but it will put me with the finishers and thats a big "W" in my book. Feeling dumb in Massachusetts........................Tripez

2004-06-02 7:53 AM
in reply to: #28603

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dorset
Subject: RE: feeling good leads to feeling bad
i defintely know where u are coming from, when i started running i got all enthuastic and went from doing 3miles to over 6 in a week. I was 6miles from home in the countryside and pulled my I.T.Band and limped all the way home.......in the rain! we all learn
2004-06-02 8:52 AM
in reply to: #28603

Subject: RE: feeling good leads to feeling bad
A good lesson well lelarned tripez -- and good to remind us all! You are doing a great job in your base training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feeling good leads to feeling bad Rss Feed