General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Raceday Transport- bike transport Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-12-04 5:15 PM

User image

Subject: Raceday Transport- bike transport

Hi all,

I am a newby on BT but I have always found other athlete's posts to be very informative so I come to you looking for some input.  I am doing Ironman Coeur d'Alene in June and a few of the new HITS events.  I noticed Raceday Transport was the official transport provider for HITS and they are also covering a lot of the Ironman races.  Has anyone used Raceday Transport before?  Apparently, they ship fully assembled and their website shows pictures of them padding and wrapping bikes?  I would love to use this service.  Does anyone have any further input?

Thank you!

SC

2011-12-04 5:54 PM
in reply to: #3925703

User image

Subject: RE: Raceday Transport- bike transport

I used Raceday Transport for Ironman Arizona and they were AMAZING!  I can not even express how stress free the entire experience was.  Not only do they ship the bikes fully assembled, but they pad the wheels with memory foam and wrap all the brake levers and shifters with bubble wrap. 

The communication between Raceday Transport and myself was flawless as they updated me promptly during all stages of transport.  I recieved an email with pictures when they picked up my bike from my local bike shop, when my bike arrived at the event, and when it was dropped back off at the bike shop on the return trip home.  Get this, they even dropped my bike off at my hotel!!!  Now that is great service. 

Raceday also allows you to bring a gear bag with misc. items.  I stuffed it full with my nutrition, wetsuit, helmet, shoes, CO2, tubes, etc.  It was so great not having to bring that on the plane with me.  I signed up for "Transition Area Bike and Gear Pick Up" not really knowing what I was ordering, but this was the best part of the whole transport process.  They collected my athlete ticket and went in to transition and got my bike and gear for me after the race.  When I was done with the run I got to get some food and head right home.  I didnt have to touch my bike!  During the race I had spilled gel "gunk", gatorage, other nasty stuff on my bike.  When I picked it up from the bike shop after the race it was spotless; they took the time to clean it!!!  It was something I wouldnt have even touched and they took the time and care to clean it up.

I would use Raceday again in a heartbeat.  Marc and Andy made this the most hassle free experience. 

2011-12-04 5:57 PM

User image

Master
Houston

I stand corrected  by the next post.

I haven't used them myself, but I've seen several threads about it.

They seem to do a good job and I have seen few complaints.  However, you should be aware that you could be without your bike for over 2 weeks before, and longer after, the race.

Check with them first to see the exact schedule.

Edited by NewClydesdale 2011-12-04 6:26 PM
2011-12-04 6:06 PM
in reply to: #3925739

User image

I think you might be thinking about Tri Bike.  My friend used Tri Bike for IMAZ and was without his bike for 2 weeks before and sometime after.  Plus, there were misc. problems when he got it back. 

With Raceday Transport I was only without my bike for 5 days and it was delvered to me the Thursday before the race. 

2011-12-08 9:24 AM

User image

New user

Contact Event Director, Andy Oros, for bike and race gear shipping coupons for Beginner
Triathlete members @ (916) 778-7374.
2011-12-08 12:09 PM

User image

Veteran
North Bay Area, CA

From their website it looks like they do alot to take care of your bike.

2011-12-15 1:32 PM
in reply to: #3930898

User image

New user

Please disregard the old number, here is the updated ph#.

Contact Event Director, Andy Oros, for bike and race gear shipping coupons for Beginner
Triathlete members @ (916) 778-7473.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Raceday Transport- bike transport Rss Feed