BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Endurance Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2012-03-21 8:11 AM
in reply to: #3942453

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: SBR Endurance Group - CLOSED

I want one of those Speedfils too! I don't know-would it look silly for OLY race on my road bike? I can get to my bottles but putting them back is my problem-I waste far too much time trying to put it back and have lost several bottles this way.

Thanks for sharing Monty. Nice to hear what is out there.

Ran yesterday, I am going to run again today and swim. Tomorrow 20+ mile ride with the club if it is not raining. I feel like I have to catch up. I don't want to overdo though.

Go get 'em gang, aggressive workouts!

Jan

2012-03-21 10:11 AM

User image

Veteran
Springfield/Branson

I just want to apologize to everybody here. I know I've been virturally nonexistent for a while. Have had to work through some issues, but now I'm getting back on track (hopefully). Thanks for checking up on me Monty. Looks like everybody's training and racing are going great. I took a whole week off from training, not planned, but hopefully for the better. All jewelry comes off for me also, except for my trusty Timex Ironman edition sports watch. Keep up the good work guys, it's going to pay off soon.

Roger.

2012-03-21 5:33 PM
in reply to: #4106450

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
mroger82 - 2012-03-21 10:11 AM

I just want to apologize to everybody here. I know I've been virturally nonexistent for a while. Have had to work through some issues, but now I'm getting back on track (hopefully). Thanks for checking up on me Monty. Looks like everybody's training and racing are going great. I took a whole week off from training, not planned, but hopefully for the better. All jewelry comes off for me also, except for my trusty Timex Ironman edition sports watch. Keep up the good work guys, it's going to pay off soon.

Roger.

Welcome back and glad to hear all is well, or at least better Cool

2012-03-23 4:02 AM

User image

Regular

You're a busy man Roger. Hope things continue to get better.

Bike wreck during road ride tonight. Bike is fine, I have some bad road rash on my knee, also pain when I bend my knee and down my shin. Yikes, hope that heals right up. Funny though, now I have matching holes in my leg warmers, the other from another crash.

Monty, hope you are healing up and best to everyone else!

2012-03-23 1:45 PM
in reply to: #4109516

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
davisjanis58 - 2012-03-23 4:02 AM

You're a busy man Roger. Hope things continue to get better.

Bike wreck during road ride tonight. Bike is fine, I have some bad road rash on my knee, also pain when I bend my knee and down my shin. Yikes, hope that heals right up. Funny though, now I have matching holes in my leg warmers, the other from another crash.

Monty, hope you are healing up and best to everyone else!

Ouch!  At least your bike is okay and I bet the matching warmers look cool!  Jaelin was talking about having to replacing a rim after a wreck.  Must be one of my fears as well because when I'm hooking it down a hill, my heart rate increases regardless if I'm spinning or not!

Thanks, healing is coming along nicely.  Trying a short run tomorrow morning.

It's been quiet on the boards this week.  Anyone racing this weekend?

2012-03-23 2:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Springfield/Branson

Hi guys, I took some time to myself today and had my own little "triathlon". Started out this morning at the pool and swam 1800 as 6x300 intervals. Got home and recovered a bit, then went down stairs for a 1 hour spin on the trainer. After the ride I took off around the block for a 2.6 mile run. Now I have to get in the shower, make a recovery smoothie, and go pick up my daughter from school. Going, going, but not gone.

Roger.

2012-03-23 6:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
hits series open 100m swim 3mi bike 1mi run, maybe sub 20 o.o
2012-03-23 9:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Ouch Jan, sorry to hear about your tumble, hope the war wounds heal quick, glad to hear the bike came out unscathed though.

Monty how did your run go?? Pain free I hope!

I think Stuart is racing on Sunday at Mooloolaba... yep just checked...

Good Luck for tomorrow Stuart!!

Good Luck for your sub 20 Jaelin!!

and Roger, nice to have you back, hope things balance out for you soon!!

Hope everyone else is going well and training hard!

2012-03-24 4:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

First place overall after 3 incidents in the race, faceplanted in the sand coming out of the swim (3rd out of the water) i passed both the other guys thanks to my 1:20 T1 2nd fastest T1 was about 1:40 most were 2+. however i had incidents with my shoes being on the bike and it fell off right passed the bike out. I got passed and was back in 2nd place, got my shoes on, caught the guy and got off the bike with a 1minute lead. 11 second T2, fastest of the day by a HUGE margin. Took off on the run at breakneck speed (for me) at about 5:30 pace unfortunatly i was too fast

a guy on a bike was waiting for the first guy to come into T2 (me) to head out to the turn around point (only 1/2 mile away). well at my pace thats 2:15+ 11 seconds for T2. He didn't catch me until a little over 1/4 a mile past the turn around... I lost 2minutes overall my run time was 8:35 and I averaged about a 6minute pace.. this error put me back in 3rd and i was able to (somehow) make up those 2minutes lost and still win by a hefty 40 seconds. 27.7mph bike average 6min mile pace (8:35 on  my time ugh)course record (ugh shouldve been 2minutes faster, silly volunteers)

so far I have the best time for any Hit series open distance :D does that count as a world record holder

2012-03-25 5:18 PM
in reply to: #4111442

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
jaelinfunk - 2012-03-24 4:39 PM

First place overall after 3 incidents in the race, faceplanted in the sand coming out of the swim (3rd out of the water) i passed both the other guys thanks to my 1:20 T1 2nd fastest T1 was about 1:40 most were 2+. however i had incidents with my shoes being on the bike and it fell off right passed the bike out. I got passed and was back in 2nd place, got my shoes on, caught the guy and got off the bike with a 1minute lead. 11 second T2, fastest of the day by a HUGE margin. Took off on the run at breakneck speed (for me) at about 5:30 pace unfortunatly i was too fast

a guy on a bike was waiting for the first guy to come into T2 (me) to head out to the turn around point (only 1/2 mile away). well at my pace thats 2:15+ 11 seconds for T2. He didn't catch me until a little over 1/4 a mile past the turn around... I lost 2minutes overall my run time was 8:35 and I averaged about a 6minute pace.. this error put me back in 3rd and i was able to (somehow) make up those 2minutes lost and still win by a hefty 40 seconds. 27.7mph bike average 6min mile pace (8:35 on  my time ugh)course record (ugh shouldve been 2minutes faster, silly volunteers)

so far I have the best time for any Hit series open distance :D does that count as a world record holder

Nice Jaelin!  Congrats!

Thanks Simone, leg held up well.  I think I'm back in action!

2012-03-26 4:24 AM

User image

Regular

Roger,

So happy you were able to get out and get a workout! I know that made you feel good! How you get to keep at it.

You are a world champion Jaelin!

My knee is good, road 40 miles yesterday without a problem, yeah! Oh and that was outside!! So happy to be outside. I was totally distracted by the beautiful fields, trees, grass and the birds! So wonderful.

2012-03-26 10:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park
Where do you bike with open fields?
2012-03-27 3:30 AM

User image

Regular

I live in Columbia and there are a lot of country roads not too far from town-although some still have a good amount of traffic. I am sure that must be hard to find where you live. Sometimes my husband and I drive a ways out of town and park and ride from there so we can get real far away and then ride. Don't know if there is any place like that around you, hope so.

Jan

2012-03-27 12:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

EVERY DAY could be like today for me!  72 deg, blue sky, and a light breeze.  I've been riding in the country a lot as well.  There's a group of horses on one road that likes to run up to the fence as I go by.  I found a long flat county road yesterday that I'll be coming back to!  Fortunately I live right on the edge of town, 2 blocks from a county road heading out of town and two blocks from one of the main drags with schools, malls, etc.  I have a 10K loop from my house, through the city park, with wide shoulders and a 13 mile loop on county roads in the other direction.  It's not a bad setup really.

I hope everyone getting in some workouts this week!

2012-03-28 2:53 AM

User image

Regular

Still not getting in all the workouts I have planned due to parent care issues, but will keep trying. Hope to run and swim after work this morning. 

There are horses on the main country road ride I do but they just look at you like they are bored. Many people use these roads to cycle on and I guess they are just used to it!

Ok, questions for you experienced people-I have about 4 weeks before my first triathlon this year. It is OLY distance, swim in ocean, totally flat bike and run. My run is horrible, I have not even run 6 miles since last year. This seems to be the thing I miss out on the most because when I have unexpected interruptions, I think, oh I can get a run in later, but doesn't happen. Also I have done bricks but with only 1-2 mile runs after. My swim is good, not fast but I think I swim faster in the race out of excitement and did not have trouble with either tri I have done.

What do you guys think I should do with my remaining time? Should I do mostly bricks, concentrate on runs, not swim as much so I can try to fit more of the other in? (not like I am swimming that much right now, just that I think it will not be a problem for me)

Still not feeling very prepared but I will just do it even if I have to walk part of the run, I just really don't want to do that.

Thanks and best to everyone!

Jan

2012-03-28 9:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

sprint tri this sunday and a HIM in a little under a month (i'm crazy)

the HIM has 1000 ft of climbing in the 56mile bike ride. woo! can any1 shed some light as to where to target my heart rate to do good on a ride like that... i normally go for about 165-170 for my long runs maxhr is 195. and i can handle about 150-155 on the bike under normal conditions for extended periods of time

2012-03-28 5:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park
For all you Kansas people that have down the KC Tri at LongView Lake is the bike course flat?
2012-03-28 7:42 PM
in reply to: #4117822

User image

Veteran
Lees Summit
KC Tri has some rollers. Nothing serious. There is one long pull about I think 1/4-1/2 mile long.
2012-03-28 8:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Jan - I think you have plenty of time to get in some runs and keep up with your swim/bike at the same time.  You might have to push the "10% increase per week" rule a little.  Maybe do a long run with a couple of short runs each week.  That helps build volume without as much stress.

Jaelin - Do you race with a heart monitor?  If no, I would suggest trying it on this race and keep you HR in a comfortable zone while climbing, even if it feels slow.  That will leave you with more fuel in the tank for the run.  Just my thought....

Good luck guys!

2012-03-29 3:09 AM

User image

Regular

Thanks, Monty. I think that sounds good. Had a great run yesterday am after work. So glad you are getting to ride. The weather is great here too.

Work hard, gang!

Jan

2012-03-29 3:42 PM
in reply to: #4117822

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawnee, KS

TriMan25 - 2012-03-28 5:30 PM For all you Kansas people that have down the KC Tri at LongView Lake is the bike course flat?

Nothing to bad.  There are 2 pretty good hills on the 12 mile course.  One is in the first quarter the other is in the last quarter.  The last one is tough as you are finishing up the second lap and trying to save yourself for the run.  The course is about half new pavement and half below average old stuff.  Some pretty tight turns as well.  They are expecting close to 1000, I believe, so some of the turns could be dangerous in the heavier packs.

On another note, Sorry I have been absent.  Thanks to everyone for their inspires.  As the races get closer I feel like I have less and less free time to be online.  I know I owe alot of you guys some inspires and I plan on making it up to you this weekend.  Good luck to everyone racing this weekend...and a job well done to those of you who have been kicking butt the last couple of weeks.

I am heading out to ride the  Kansas HIM course this weekend with a few friends who will be racing as well.  We  are expecting temps near 90 and 25 mph winds.  Should be nice and painful! 

2012-03-30 8:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

yeah i race with HRM b/c i dont have a power meter, if i did then i wouldn't bother

A regional elite triathlete coach wants to sponsor me as my coach, I need a name for my training blog :D any suggestions

2012-04-01 7:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 Texas has some heavy hitters racing right now if anyone wants to watch it, live feed:

http://texas.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1qn7K2cC5

2012-04-02 12:51 AM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park
Did my first non triathlon race of the year it was Ruckus Kansas City that 4 mile obstacle race and man was it tough but I finished it in 1:09,7 Yes I know it was slow but it a 4 mile run with about 20 military grade obstacles in it and my role was to get through it all and finish which I did. Ill put a pic up here for you all. Next role race is the Oz (Olathe) Half Marathon. That is April 21st. Then it will  be Tri season. Are we staying in this mentor page or moving the page to the spring one?

(Pic-#01.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Pic-#01.jpg (63KB - 24 downloads)
2012-04-04 4:36 AM

User image

Regular

Wow, Brandon, looks like you had fun!

Jan

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Endurance Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 24