of 2

2011-12-28 6:19 AM
in reply to: #3954095

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Holiday Leftovers?
TriAya - 2011-12-26 1:46 PM

What's your week of leftovers looking like? Got any recipes to share?

Tomorrow's the last day of turkey and fixin's for us; the amount of gravy I just put on my meal could and probably should be prosecuted under an obscenity law.

Then it's turkey veggie soup from the carcass, with cream-of-wheat dumplings. We also have bacon-and-shallot-stuffed sausages (wrapped in bacon), and later we will make a traditional (German and Nordic) split pea soup with bacon and served with sausages. Always on a Thursday.

My favorite is an old Thanksgiving standby, turkey, mashed potato & stuffing sandwich on whatever bread we had too much of. With an (un)healthy amount of gravy to top it off. It is generally eaten while watching some sporting event on TV and being barely able to move.

The cookies came to work yesterday and are nearly gone this morning. We are finally digging out of leftover-ville at home and I hope to be back to some semblence of normal by 2012. 10 lbs added on in the past month is NOT good.

2011-12-28 8:55 AM
in reply to: #3956957

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Holiday Leftovers?
cdban66 - 2011-12-28 8:19 PM
TriAya - 2011-12-26 1:46 PM

What's your week of leftovers looking like? Got any recipes to share?

Tomorrow's the last day of turkey and fixin's for us; the amount of gravy I just put on my meal could and probably should be prosecuted under an obscenity law.

Then it's turkey veggie soup from the carcass, with cream-of-wheat dumplings. We also have bacon-and-shallot-stuffed sausages (wrapped in bacon), and later we will make a traditional (German and Nordic) split pea soup with bacon and served with sausages. Always on a Thursday.

My favorite is an old Thanksgiving standby, turkey, mashed potato & stuffing sandwich on whatever bread we had too much of. With an (un)healthy amount of gravy to top it off. It is generally eaten while watching some sporting event on TV and being barely able to move. The cookies came to work yesterday and are nearly gone this morning. We are finally digging out of leftover-ville at home and I hope to be back to some semblence of normal by 2012. 10 lbs added on in the past month is NOT good.

I skipped the sandwich stage and went straight to turkey soup.

I am *so* sick of turkey.

One good thing about my Mom having Alzheimer's (and me doing all the cooking right now), I can serve her the same thing day after day and she loves it like the first time!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Holiday Leftovers? Rss Feed  

of 2