BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Left.Right.Repeat - CLoSED for the season - will reopen Jan 2013 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 57

2013-07-05 11:04 AM
in reply to: elcaminobill

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Left.Right.Repeat - CLoSED for the season - will reopen Jan 2013
I am back. I am back. Have had significant issues getting on here since the update. I think it is all clear now. Hopefully. I have much to catch up on here. You are all doing GREAT!!!

2013-07-05 1:58 PM
in reply to: left.right.repeat

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ann, one more week till your HIM, are you ready? Remember to run your race and don't worry about anyone else. You will do awesome!

I am just completing the first week with my new coach, I am already seeing some issues but will wait them out and see if they get corrected. I have talked with a few of the local athletes and found out that they are also coached by the same person and they were giving me the low down of what they like and don't like about him, however they have also all said that they have seen improvements with him so we say see.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
2013-07-09 2:49 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Veteran
Columbus, IN
Kathy, how are things going with your coach? Is this the first time you have used a coach?
Ann, how was your HIM?

I think I have been in denial. I have Lake Placid coming up July 28th and I'm sooooo nervous about the bike. Biking is my weakest and that course scares me. LOL I just have to go with a good attitude and do my best. I know it will be beautiful.
This weekend I'm doing Muncie 70.3. That will be my last big training day before my taper.

Kathy, I know you talked about the issues with the bumps. I think if you shave often and use a really good soap or conditioner (and not a shaving cream) for shaving that helps. I pretty much shave everyday and have had no issues at all.

Ok I need to go back and read to catch up on everything. Gotta go hit the pool now.

Oh and I will get to see Lena at Muncie!! YAY!! We were trying to do a race together this fall but couldn't make it work. So now we will try for next year.

2013-07-09 5:32 PM
in reply to: amyleigh

Uxbridge
Hi All
I just wanted to let you all know that I have recieved a few emails that were "nasty". They definately got my email off BT. Be careful when you open up your personal emails ...if they have the name of a BT person....dont open it unless your recognize the email address. I would advise deleting your personal email addresses off your profile. I did let Ron know that this happened. Its the internet...weird people can lurk.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Training is going well for me. 19 weeks til IMAZ
2013-07-11 3:28 PM
in reply to: mav

Veteran
Quail Valley
Amy just stay in your heart rate zone and you will be fine.

FYI if you run into a fire hydrant you will lose. The doctor says I will be out for 4-6weeks probably and that is if it just muscle
2013-07-11 8:48 PM
in reply to: phildampier

User image

Extreme Veteran
Did I miss something here? What about running into a fire hydrant?

Originally posted by phildampier

FYI if you run into a fire hydrant you will lose. The doctor says I will be out for 4-6weeks probably and that is if it just muscle

2013-07-11 8:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Amy, you will rock the bike just like all the other times! Remember last year and how worried you were about WI bike route and you knocked that out with no problem. You will do the same with LP. I was suppose to volunteer at LP this year. I had signed up and everything but do to financial circumstances I had to back out. It would have been too funny if I was your volunteer in transition because that was where I had signed up at.
2013-07-12 6:11 PM

Veteran
Quail Valley
Two weeks ago I was running with my athletes at the back of the pack and looking for my something to my left and next thing I know I was on the ground in pain. I ran into a fire hydrant. I wasn't the only one that didn't see it, the kid next to me a freshman in college, also didn't see it until I ran into it.
It just felt like a big Charlie horse at first. It didn't bruise for a week. I had xrays yesterday to make sure its just muscle. I finally get healthy after about 9 months and then I go do something so stupid. I had just went two days before and got retested for VO2 max and stuff too.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

2013-07-12 8:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Hey guys
I had a crazy week before race week end, but we are here at the athletes village (Nice dorms at a private college) for Musselman. Long ride up. Had a great meal with grass fed beef and local and home grown produce. It was delicious!! Checked out the swim and transition. Tomorrow will drive the bike and run. Doing an easy swim a short bike and a short run to keep loose. Sooo excited but need to shower and get to bed as I have had little sleep in the last 2 days. Will let you know how it all goes.
All prayers welcomed between 7am and 3pm on Sunday eastern time!! Or any time!!
You guys are great!!
ann
2013-07-15 9:55 AM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ann, how did your race go??????????????
2013-07-15 9:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oops! Several years ago I was running with a group and this female ran right into a mailbox. Not sure how she did it but she did. Then a few weeks later the same runner tripped over a street sign that was laying on the ground, we all saw it but she didn't. We all have done something stupid on our runs. I ran into a tree branch and it knocked me down. I was stunned as I ran under that branch before and this one time it put me on the ground.

Two weeks ago I was running with my athletes at the back of the pack and looking for my something to my left and next thing I know I was on the ground in pain. I ran into a fire hydrant. I wasn't the only one that didn't see it, the kid next to me a freshman in college, also didn't see it until I ran into it.
It just felt like a big Charlie horse at first. It didn't bruise for a week. I had xrays yesterday to make sure its just muscle. I finally get healthy after about 9 months and then I go do something so stupid. I had just went two days before and got retested for VO2 max and stuff too.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

2013-07-18 10:18 AM

User image

Expert
There, I killed it. I killed the cricket!
2013-07-26 3:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
I am finally home. Had an ok race. I finished so goal met. I helped a woman for a while who was shivering despite the God awful heat. I got her hydrated at a rest stop, cooled down and encouraged her that we were almost done. I did end up leaving her as she only could walk and I had a little left so wanted to run at least a little. We caught up again at the finish and she was so grateful! Second goal met. Helped some one. I didn't get hurt, third goal met and I wasn't last. So it was a success. I haven't checked out my times to my only other HIM from 2 years ago. I have no memory so I have to look back. My run was tough as the heat was out of control and there was no relief from the sun. The venue was great! It was also very sad. The day before my race was a sprint and an experienced triathlete put his head down and some how hit a parked car that had run out of gas and he died. During my race a woman lost control of her bike while trying to stop for a water stop and she later passed away also. We had to dismount at the scene and walk down a grassy embankment and come back up to the road. I was crying and praying. It took a while to regroup. So much emotion!! I ended up with a nasty, painful swimmers ear while relaxing and excessively swimming at our lake in the Adirondacks. Trying to get over that. Haven't had much spark to train again but I know it will come. I am dizzy from the infection so I am giving myself some extra time. Will hopefully be back in the saddle next week. Have done one short run and ride since the race. Feeling fluffy from all the wine and cheese we ate on vacation. Need to get back on track.

Good luck at Lake Placid!! I was there while they were setting up this week. It is a gorgeous swim. I hear you can see the chains and can easily follow them while swimming. Very little sighting needed. I am so excited for you!!

Signed up for an Oly in Sept. Excited about it. I think I will see improvement in that race!! (If I can get training again!!)

Hugs to all,
ann
2013-07-28 1:08 PM
in reply to: elcaminobill

Extreme Veteran
Go Amy GO.
2013-07-28 1:09 PM

Extreme Veteran
Way to go Ann
2013-07-28 7:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ann, great job on the HIM! So sad to hear all about tragedy during the weekend, I am sure it was very emotional.

2013-08-01 10:18 PM

Veteran
Quail Valley
Great job amy. Can't beat a race you hit all your goals.

Today I did a mile trial to see how out of shape I am. 5:59. Almost a min. slower than my PR. Sunday starts my 18 week plan until my 5k. My goal was 17min. but I think that is a stretch considering the shape I am in. Its the time I think our team needs me to hit so we even beat the indiv. this year during the Tinsel reverse tri. We won the relay last year. The last week of my 5k plan is suppose to by the first week of my 30 week ironman plan for Austria. Pretty weird to look at the next 47 weeks all planned out considering I haven't been able to train regularly since October.

I do have a finish line from last wed. did a super sprint tri
2013-08-02 3:07 PM

Orlando
is there something that changed when the board updated. I used to get an email whenever a new post came up, but now nothing.

Oh well.

If you all know of anything I should of changed I would appreciate it!

thanks!

Lou
2013-08-05 11:39 AM
in reply to: Lou_70

User image

Extreme Veteran
Phil - how exciting that you are signed up for IM Austria! Can't wait to hear all about it. Probably a good idea to re-evaluate your goal for this next 5K. However I would love to do a mile at that pace.

Lou - I remember you have to request to be emailed for every update, but I am sure you already knew that. I haven't updated all of that since they upgraded.

As for me I am still chugging along and counting the weeks till I am done! Right now I feel burnt out and have no desire to do any more races and my big races are still several weeks away. Sigh.....
2013-08-05 5:39 PM

Veteran
Quail Valley
It can be a long year if you are training right. It's hard to push through that. I just keep telling myself if you don't keep working hard you have just wasted a ton of money and time.

The goal now is to come as close to that as I can so I don't let the team down. Funny thing is there are to many people around me that are use to me doing what needs to be done. Man I need more doubters around me.

We had an Austria meeting yesterday. The four of us are pretty excited.
2013-08-08 7:29 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Hey KTC,

Hang in there. I think doing an Ironman 2 years in a row is very hard, especially mentally. BUT you are going to do it and have a great time. Keep on, keepin on!! Remember the goal. I wish I was at your level. I can only even think about a HIM every 2 years. My family thinks I don't love them!! My training takes longer cuz my bike and run times are slower than the average so I am gone a long time when I have a long run or ride to do. And then I'm exhausted half the time depending on what else is going on. You are strong and a great role model to many!!
Hugs,
ann

Edited by avisser 2013-08-08 7:30 PM

2013-08-12 10:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thank you Ann!! I can't say I am fast, but I can go long. I know what you mean about the long rides/run. When I am done all I want to do is take a nap and veg, but for respect for the hubby I try to stay alert and help around the house but then I tend to fall asleep by 10. Talk about embarrassing when you are out with others and you just can't stay awake any longer. Things are getting better now that reality has hit that I am racing here in a few more weeks.

Originally posted by avisser

Hey KTC,

Hang in there. I think doing an Ironman 2 years in a row is very hard, especially mentally. BUT you are going to do it and have a great time. Keep on, keepin on!! Remember the goal. I wish I was at your level. I can only even think about a HIM every 2 years. My family thinks I don't love them!! My training takes longer cuz my bike and run times are slower than the average so I am gone a long time when I have a long run or ride to do. And then I'm exhausted half the time depending on what else is going on. You are strong and a great role model to many!!
Hugs,
ann
2013-08-19 4:12 PM

Regular
I "lost" the thread for a while. Hope this is still the active one?
We're into the last 3 months before IMFL and it is pretty intensive
2013-08-19 7:58 PM
in reply to: pedmpa

User image

Extreme Veteran
I was thinking about you Pam the other day and hope the training is going well for you. We have a large group from my neck of the woods going so I hear alot about their training. Then again yours is just 2 weeks before mine.

Enjoy the journey and stay healthy.

Kathy - KTC
2013-08-20 12:48 PM

User image

Expert
Haven't been on here in a while. I lost my job the beginning of July and then we were on vacation for a while. Have been cleaning the house and getting rid of things we no longer need as well as looking for a job. No luck yet. Hope all is well with everyone. Looks like some of you are in big training modes right now. Hopefully I'll get back to that at some point. A part of me misses it.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Left.Right.Repeat - CLoSED for the season - will reopen Jan 2013 Rss Feed  

of 57