United States
35F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 34m 47s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F40-49
Age Group Rank = 22/44
Pre-race routine:

11th hour pumpkin and I managed to work out a visit. I knew I would want to run and looked for a 5K....SCORE signed him up :) His first 5K. Itwas a 10am start so we slept in and drove over. As we were driving up there was fast peopel on teh course running and pumpkin thought we had missed the start...........I said no those are the fast people who will win.
Event warmup:

Sat in the school gym to keep warm
Run
  • 34m 47s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

I did this on a run walk of roughly 4:1. There were about 400 people in the race. I actually PASSED people which is unprecedented. I wasn't exactly sure how to dress to run in cold weather. I ended up SOAKED in sweat as usual.
What would you do differently?:

I'm undertrained on the run, overweight and I have a bunch of sore spots. I did the best with what I had on that day. I am pleased actually. A MOP performance ina running race si STELLAR for me.
Post race
Warm down:

After I finished I went back out on the course to get pumpkin. He was doing a speed walk thing so I jogged back about a1/2 mile ish and walked back in with him.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Sore hip, run undertrained. I really was not sure how to dress to run in 30ish degree weather. I wore running tights, 2 layers of under armour cold gear a hat a windbreaker and gloves. I took the gloves off almost right away. I probably should have had only one layer of under armour as I was SOAKED with sweat which made me freezing cold quickly. The cold definately irritated my airway because I was coughing a lot after the race

Event comments:

Mostly I just wanted to go for a run and do something I enjoy with my pumpkin. He had a good time and was happy I dragged him out. He was pretty excited about his medal :) So proud of him on his first race!! We went out for bagels (which I cannot get in South Texas) after the race

Last updated: 2011-12-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:47 | 03.11 miles | 11m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 22/44
Overall: 44/
Performance: Good
Course: Giant rectangle
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]