General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » newbie to website but not to Tri's Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-25 9:41 PM

User image

New user

Subject: newbie to website but not to Tri's

Hey everyone,

After 3 years of doing tris, I found this website while searching races for this year.  Seems some of the best info available is piling up on this website.  Love all the freebies..blog, nutrition, workout calendar, etc.  Previously I've used sparkpeople, but usually lost interest once I got into my tri races and workouts.  Hoping the usefullness of this site will keep me coming back.

I live near St. Louis MO, so I am fortunate that there are many races available in our area.  I've done about 3 races each year sprints mostly, one supersprint, one team adventure race, and one XTERRA.  Although I was pumped about doing the off-road, I got a little scared when I almost wrecked. If I can work it into my summer, I may try it once more.  The shorter the race for XTERRA, the better!

I'm considering buying a new roadbike this season, and I'm not sure what to buy or how much I want to spend...I'm cheap, need a coupon.  If you know any deals or have an opinion on a good roadbike for less than $1000...that would be great!  Currently I ride a TREK hybrid...it has been a great bike, I just need a better hill climber.  I only spent about $400 on it 4 years ago.  I may start another thread for this question.

I'm looking for conversation on races, the good and the bad. 

I really can't imagine not training for a tri anymore.  I've learned so much about myself.   Looking forward to sharing.

2012-01-26 9:01 AM
in reply to: #4011418

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Subject: RE: newbie to website but not to Tri's

Welcome to the site.

I've interested in Team Adventure racing and might try that out this year.

Make sure you check out your state page where you should be able to connect with others in your area to train and race with. I've developed many training partners and friends that way.

The workout log is also a great feature to keep you engaged.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » newbie to website but not to Tri's Rss Feed