General Discussion Race Reports! » GRTC Freezeroo #6 - Series Finale & Pizza Party Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

GRTC Freezeroo #6 - Series Finale & Pizza Party - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Churchville, New York
United States
The Greater Rochester Track Club
28F / -2C
Precipitation
Total Time = 55m 35s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up around 7:10. Took care of business, went and got root beer and cough drops. Ken got me at 8:30. Light dusty of snow and a stiff wind. Got 10 mile north and is was a white out and snow covered roads. We were slowed to 30-40mph on the interstate another 10 miles. Mike was there already with tested him we were parked right behind him. Roads through Rochester were wet but clear and we were sailing. Then we crossed 390 and it was white out and snow covered. Speeds back to 30mph. We finally made it with 15 minutes to spare. It was shitty to say the least. First time I heard more people complaining then any other Freezeroo.
Event warmup:

Warm up well that wasn't gonna happen till Mike and I forgot our chips and had to run back to get them. In the process I zigged and she zagged and with we ran smack into each other. She was like four and half feet at best. Mike said I should of bought her dinner first since I hugged her big time to keep from both of us falling. Chipped and got to start before the race started. Yahoo.
Run
  • 55m 33s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

It was an east west run with a little north/south running. We ran with a tail wind then into the 15-20mph blowing snow coming home. Really wasn't bad going out. I got hot, so took gloves and earmuffs off at mile 2. Ken, Mike and I ran together until the 4.5 mile mark or so. That lack of footing in the middle third was killing me. Lots of hills. Hit the turn around well but footing was still non existent. Couldn't wait to get back the slush and some steady footing. Shoes were soaked from splashing in the first third. 4.5 miles Mike had to stop and tie his shoe. I started to walk he said go ahead I yelled this wasn't for him. Got moving again in short time but the next hill kicked me so Mike and I walked a little further. Top of the hill started up again and ran hard home. Ken finished a little before us.
What would you do differently?:

Need to get new shoes.
Post race
Warm down:

We walked to truck got cooler of beer and went inside to change and have pizza. Nice little lunch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Atmospheric conditions.

Event comments:

Well that is it. One more Freezeroo series in the book. Made all six races and so did Mike. Ken was hung up with traveling a few but will get a ranking since he got four in.
Thanks Mike and Ken hanging with me. Its good training and I enjoy us running them together. It is what running should be in the cold of winter. Ken thanks for driving especially today. One more run and a indoor tri mid March and rest from racing till 4/29/12 for the Rochester half. I have been going at it every other weekend or more since September.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-10-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:33 | 06.21 miles | 08m 57s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
No mile split or 5K time.
Course: 1/3 was hard packed snow and 2/3 wet, sloppy snow with a little salt.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-02-25 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Subject: GRTC Freezeroo #6 - Series Finale & Pizza Party
^ What it looked like when we arrived. 

Edited by dexter 2012-02-25 6:05 PM

2012-02-26 6:11 AM
in reply to: #4066358

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
Subject: RE: GRTC Freezeroo #6 - Series Finale & Pizza Party
It was a great time, despite the weather!  Coming back into the wind and with the hills was a !  Thanks for the barley pop! 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » GRTC Freezeroo #6 - Series Finale & Pizza Party Rss Feed