Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2012-05-15 10:27 AM
in reply to: #4210291

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones: Season 2
Yeah, definitely agree with that. I still like the series, but its tough to make books that are that in depth into a good series thats 1 hour per week for 10-12 weeks.

2012-06-03 11:38 PM
in reply to: #4124113

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington

Well that was a quick season 2.   I feel let down  on some of the product.  So much info to cover and just not enough episodes to really cover everything.

I'm sorta confused about the ending of Winterfell and Theon?  Will they use the Reek character later on in third or fourth season.

Glad the Mother of Dragons got her babies back...Although it was different from the book. (?)

2012-09-25 9:01 PM
in reply to: #4197296

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida
ratherbesnowboarding - 2012-05-08 11:41 AM

TriathletePT - 2012-04-29 3:48 PM Just finished A Dance with Dragons and I'm looking for recommendations for the reading list. I'm about to start The Passage, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for some similar genre stuff to tide me over white GRRM is taking his sweet time writing book 6. 

Have you tried Robert Jordan and 'The Wheel of Time'  First book was published in 1990, with the last book due out in January 2013, however...

First 6 books are great

next 5 books are slow 

and the last 3 books were written by somebody else as Jordan died in 2007 and they had to go off his notes that he had planned for the last book (which was expanded into 3)

originally supposed to be 6 books, then expanded to 12, then 14 (and a prologue added as well) and its at 7 is when you really can tell he goes off on a tangent and writes basically about nothing other than to expand his universe (very GRRM)  Basically the story and characters got out of his control.

Side note:  I met my wife because of this series.  We were working together but didnt know each other that well until she saw me reading book 6 as she was reading book 7.  It was enough to get the conversation started.

Just watched seasons 1 and 2 starting last Monday through now. Great show. Hoping the Zombie army isn't the sign of them jumping the shark...

Interesting note on Jordan. His real name isn't Peter Jordan. He was a Physics major at The Citadel after he served in Vietnam. He was a great author and its so sad he died so young...

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones: Season 2 Rss Feed  

of 4