General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plantar warts interfering with run training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-02 9:52 AM

Subject: Plantar warts interfering with run training

So I have been dealing with this annoying foot pain in the pressure areas of my forefoot for about a year.  At first it was minor and not consistent.  But now it has gotten to the point that I started doing some research...and I am pretty confident that it is plantar warts (tiny holes in ball of foot, big toe, and  far out side of sole).   I have just started the duck tape treatment and I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this issue.  Obviously my run training has suffered the most due to the pain.  I can only stand about 5 miles three times a week which is a far cry from what I need to be doing.   Any input is appreciated.

Edited by nelson24 2012-04-02 9:53 AM

2012-04-04 10:17 AM
in reply to: #4124411

Subject: RE: Plantar warts interfering with run training

Well, I thought I would post an update now that it has been 48 hours since starting the "Duct" tape treatment.  And...WOW what a difference.  The pain from the plantars warts is all but gone.  I was able to run an almost pain free 4 miles last evening and now I am so excited that it looks like I might not have to tolerate this anymore. 

As for the details, I'll spare you the graphics but the warts and surounding skin apprear to be dead.  the largest one has pushed itself towards the surface and is easy to shave off.  I will probably continue this process for a couple more days.

I realize this is a pretty nasty subject but I know many people deal with this...OR have it and don't know how to deal with it.  I can honestly say this seems to be working.

2012-04-04 6:32 PM
in reply to: #4124411

User image

Master
Riverside, IL

Just curious...how exactly did you apply the duct tape?  In small sections...or one larger piece covering your entire forefoot?  I'm fairly certain that I am dealing with the same issue here...I see small holes in very calloused skin.  I don't see any dark spots (which I thought was typical with Plantar's warts).  At first I thought it may have just been some heavily calloused areas that were just painful from the hardened skin...but after looking closer, I do see small holes that look as if a needle were pricked into my skin.  Would this be Plantar's?  I've tried various OTC wart removing products such as Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away...but haven't been too successful.  They feel really painful if I walk around the house barefoot, and the pain is pretty bad about midway through short (3 miles) runs. 

2012-04-06 7:37 AM
in reply to: #4130713

Sounds like Plantars to me based on everything you describe.  The accute pain from walking around barefoot is common for those suffering from this.  I too had the small holes in very calloused areas with barely noticable black dot. (which is actually a tiny blood vessel i'm told)

As far as my application method, i would use two pieces that cover the entire ball of my foot and one piece around my big toe.  I just think if you use fewer and larger strips it stays in place longer without curling and getting sock fuzz on the edges.  You are going to have to re-apply once a day. 

I am now on Day 5 and I have zero pain...except for the blister that I got from running with the tape on my foot.  HA! go figure.  Should have made sure it was a little more secure before running with it on.  It ended up rubbing at the arch of my foot so take precuation.

So, give it a try.  Sounds like yours aren't too bad yet in the sense of being very visible - just painful.  I would think you should notice a difference within 48 hours like I did.  I feel like a new man! Good luck

Edited by nelson24 2012-04-06 7:46 AM
2014-09-10 12:25 PM
in reply to: nelson24

Awesome the duct tape has helped! I had minimal success with duct tape alone and has to incorporate some other treatments after two years of minimal progress and many backtracks on my plantar wart. In the beginning of the year I started using duct tape 24/7, Epsom salt soaks and salicylic acid pads (which put pressure around the edge of the wart forcing it out and into the acid.

I was able to completely eliminate the wart and at this point I have zero mark or scar where it was! I'm very thankful for this and have been able to get back to running and exercising in general without pain and can have my shoes off without thinking about it.

I created a 3 post blog to document my experience. It has before and after photos and a much more in depth description of the process I used to get rid of the plantar wart. Check it out if you need some more info or inspiration...

http://stubbornwart.blogspot.com/
2017-03-23 5:05 AM
in reply to: Guest

You can try using something natural to cure them.
Refer to this Home Remedies to Get Rid of Warts Naturally Fast (Permanently)
And this one too Warts—10 Ways to Get Rid of Them Naturally http://howtogetridofwartsguide.blogspot.com
Maybe this can help.

Joe...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Plantar warts interfering with run training Rss Feed