General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mild relief for Achilles Tendonitis Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-02 5:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Subject: Mild relief for Achilles Tendonitis

I have been struggling with Achilles Tendonitis for a few weeks.  It has been an ongoing issue that pops up every now and then, for several years now.  I did find something that has provided some relief.

I bought a Gel Force Ankle Support.  It provides some stability and has light compression.  I can at least walk around without limping like I am 100 years old.  I paid $20 bucks for it at Big5 and that seems to be the going rate online.

Today is only day 2 with it so I will let you know if anything changes but based on this limited sample, it may be worth a try for you if you are limping around.

2012-06-21 11:02 PM
in reply to: #4241034

User image

Veteran
Bucks County
Subject: RE: Mild relief for Achilles Tendonitis
This may sound stupid - not to mention I think I developed shin splints - running DOWNHILL during most of your training will provide relief. I was able to find a treadmill with a decline function. Another possibility is to run normal on a treadmill but hold onto the bars. This will subtract some of your bodyweight making it easier to finish your run. Think of the Zero Gravity treadmills, same concept.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mild relief for Achilles Tendonitis Rss Feed