General Discussion Race Reports! » Phily Tri - Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon - Sprint Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Phily Tri - Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon - Sprint - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States
Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 37m 50s
Overall Rank = 264/954
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 32/93
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 3:45....tried to eat some breakfast but teh stomach was not having it.
Event warmup:

Stretched and did a swim warmup of 100m
Swim
  • 19m 46s
  • 875 yards
  • 02m 16s / 100 yards
Comments:

I need to practice more in OWS and get my breathing under control earlier, the croud I think got me nervouse and got my HR up. I also felt I started too fast and that didnt help.
What would you do differently?:

Start off slower and really focus on breathing. Practice more in OWS and sighting
Transition 1
  • 02m 25s
Comments:

I have been pracaticing under 3 mins transitions, I had plenty of time to get everything done, I did take my time to drink and make sure I was hydrating, though I need to be more urgent in getting in and out, I could of done it in under 2 mins.

Speed up the whole process
Bike
  • 51m 59s
  • 15.72 miles
  • 18.14 mile/hr
Comments:

I did a solid job I averaged 18.1 mph overall, which was one of my goals and the best to date thus far.

ALways make sure bike computer is working before you leave transition. Also I have to be in Aero more I was only in Aero for last quarter mile. Also need to drink more throughout course
Transition 2
  • 02m 45s
Comments:

I felt pretty good off bike, again I have to speed up the process I took to much time drinking fluids and just hanging out, I need to get out of transition in under 2 mins

speed the process up
Run
  • 20m 53s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

My run felt strong, I passed several in my age group and def made up some time here. My legs felt good the whole wasy I pushed the whole way and really smashed the run. I have been doing bricks and I really saw them payoff today....felt good and brings some confidence for the next tri in August

I would drink more and get some gatorade in me, I felt I was behing on hydration most of the day, though it didnt effect me here I know it will once I get to the longer distances later this year
Post race
Warm down:

Got some food, and stretch a bit. Got some pictures and talked to co -workers. My job sponsored me in this race and it was good to have a solid performance. Hopefully they pay for the oly next year

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think I need to speed up the transitions, start off slower in the swim and build to race pace and really take advantage on the down hills in the bike course and be more aggressive when passing. I think I wasnt used to passing and really just coasted at points .

Event comments:

Great race well organized. I had a great time and the medal of the liberty bell was pretty cool too.

Last updated: 2011-10-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:46 | 875 yards | 02m 16s / 100yards
Age Group: 32/93
Overall: 264/954
Performance: Average
Suit: no suit
Course: Was a rectangle point to point awim. We started in water and in waves. The first 200m was a bit crouded and it was hard to get a rythem and get my breathing down. Took about 400m to get into sink and than really start moving, but it wasnt enough to recover from the initial slow start.
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 81F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:25
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:51:59 | 15.72 miles | 18.14 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/93
Overall: 426/954
Wind: Little
Course: Course was flat and a 2 course loop. There was 2 hills per loop. One was steep and the other was a long incline, the rest was pretty flat. My bike computer wasnt working so I could not see my speed so just went by feel.......
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 02:45
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:20:53 | 03.11 miles | 06m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/93
Overall: 60/954
Course: was an out and back course, first quarter mile has some shade than it disappears the rest of the way
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-06-23 4:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Phily Tri - Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon - Sprint
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Phily Tri - Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon - Sprint Rss Feed