General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 41 lbs down and counting! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-03 11:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: 41 lbs down and counting!
I am about a pound and a half off of my pre-accident / hip surgery weight!

Great loss since christmas!

I always thought that getting back to 180 ish might be all I need, but now I can see myself getting even lighter and leaner!

I've also just beaten my pre-accident 5k PR!!

I'm faster on the bike, faster on the run, can bike and run farther, can skip better, am MORE LEAN ( even though I am a pound and a half over my pre-accident weight, I can now SEE my top 2 ab muscles quite distinctly ) I have better upper body strength and definition due to my upper body regiment I started for shoulder rehab.

All in all, I seem to be in the best shape in my life!  It's been 6 months since I was able to start really concentrating on getting "back to normal" and only 20 months out since the devastating accident!

While I still find the odd thing to tweak for "rehab" I'm firmly "above average" and just trying to get all my body parts and muscles symmetrical while increasing my fitness :D

2012-07-04 10:03 PM
in reply to: #4293934

User image

Colorado Springs, Maryland
Subject: RE: 41 lbs down and counting!
This is great news!
2014-10-02 9:25 AM
in reply to: dfquigley

, Maine
Subject: RE: 41 lbs down and counting!
Originally posted by dfquigley

I am about a pound and a half off of my pre-accident / hip surgery weight!

Great loss since christmas!

I always thought that getting back to 180 ish might be all I need, but now I can see myself getting even lighter and leaner!

I've also just beaten my pre-accident 5k PR!!

I'm faster on the bike, faster on the run, can bike and run farther, can skip better, am MORE LEAN ( even though I am a pound and a half over my pre-accident weight, I can now SEE my top 2 ab muscles quite distinctly ) I have better upper body strength and definition due to my upper body regiment I started for shoulder rehab.

All in all, I seem to be in the best shape in my life!  It's been 6 months since I was able to start really concentrating on getting "back to normal" and only 20 months out since the devastating accident!

While I still find the odd thing to tweak for "rehab" I'm firmly "above average" and just trying to get all my body parts and muscles symmetrical while increasing my fitness :D
[/QUOTE

Thant is awesome!!! congrats...]
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 41 lbs down and counting! Rss Feed