Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Visiting soon... Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-16 7:00 AM

New user
Subject: Visiting soon...

Hi, I'll be traveling to your part of the world from Texas in the next couple of weeks and would like to be able to keep up my training while there.  I'll be staying in Fremantle for about a week, then Adelaide and Brisbane on the way back.  Any local tips or preferred running routes in the area?  I understand there are a number of mixed-use footpaths-which side is it customary to run on?  I'm also told there are a couple of heated pools nearby so I'm hoping to be able to swim as well.  As for cycling, I'm probably limited to hotel spin bikes or perhaps a rental on the weekend.

Looking forward to the trip and some cool weather!

thanks

2012-07-27 9:45 AM
in reply to: #4313087

Koongamia
Subject: RE: Visiting soon...
On any path anywhere ride or run on the same side that we drive on.  That is, the left.  Do the same in aisles in shopping centres too, nothing $hits me more than idiots heading down an aisle with two trolleys side by side.  There should be a law against blocking in shops!
2012-07-31 3:48 AM
in reply to: #4313087

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Visiting soon...
same with swimming, we circle on the left of the lane.  There's a great open air (but heated) pool centre in Freo just opposite the Arts Centre.  It's a great pool, surrounded by gum trees.  You can run on the shared path up the coast, it's a gorgeous run, especially near dusk as the sun sets over the ocean.  Leighton beach is brilliant for swimming but it's a bit chilly in there at the moment :-)  You can hire bikes in Freo so then you can cycle up to Perth (but remember it's "on your right" and run around King's Park, a hilly park with lots of natural bushland and stunning views. Make sure you have a beer and pizza at Little Creatures, fish and chips at Cicerillos and a day sail on the Leeuwin tall ship.  Where about in Texas are you?  I was in Houston last month visiting my BIL.
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » Visiting soon... Rss Feed