General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Comfort Road vs. Tri BIke Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-22 9:45 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: Comfort Road vs. Tri BIke
This year I've ridden my tri bike exclusively until yesterday.  Yesterday I was riding downtown to a festival and figured the tri bike would not be as conducive to city streets and heavy traffic, so I took the road bike.  This was the first time I really noticed the big difference in the two bikes.  My tri bike is a Cannondale Slice and road bike is a Cannondale Synapse.  The tri bike I'm definitely in a position where I get more power, have less drag, and I'm definitely faster.  That being said, the road bike is more stable, is smoother on rough pavement and I had forgotten how nice having shifters on the hoods was.  I may be using the road bike a bit more this summer.

2012-07-22 9:59 AM
in reply to: #4323965

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Comfort Road vs. Tri BIke
I just got my first road bike after having a tri bike for a couple years now.

NIGHT AND DAY!!

Not only do you have more control, are more stable, but going downhill fast, I am SO much more comfortable!!!

I've been using this thing a lot so far :p
2012-07-22 10:03 AM
in reply to: #4323965

User image

Subject: RE: Comfort Road vs. Tri BIke
If most of your riding is stop and go, turns and whatnot, a road bike will probably be the better used bike.
If most of your riding is straight line or only mild turns with few stop lights/signs then a tri bike is probably a better bet.

Then again you can put a screw in with a butter knife, doesn't mean it's going to work well for very long or be the best use of the tool

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Comfort Road vs. Tri BIke Rss Feed