General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emmett's Most Excellent Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-23 1:18 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Emmett's Most Excellent Tri
Hey, hey all is any other fellow BTer's going to be participating this year? I'll be there attempting to rock out my first oly. Let yourself be known!!!

2012-07-23 7:38 PM
in reply to: #4325898

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Emmett's Most Excellent Tri

Hey there! Yes, I'll be there, this is my 2nd go at the oly. It's a fun race but hot as hell so be prepared!

Patsy 

2012-07-24 12:39 AM

User image

Regular
Yeah I think this year will be hotter then last for sure. Have you been out in the reservoir yet? I'm wondering if I can swim without a wetsuit this year.
2012-07-24 6:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
Anyone interested in a team? I would do the bike....Tom
2012-07-25 5:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hey Stephen, I'll let you know how the water is, I should be hittin it on Sat!

Hi Tom, I was riding with a gal named Kristin on Sat, she's a strong biker and not sure how she likes the swim but I can facebook her and see if she'd be interested in doing that. (her run is painful, though I believe she's signed up for the whole Vikingman, so either I misunderstood or she's a nut like I am  There's even another girl I just thought of in the Aeros that may biite, stay tuned!

Deirdre

2012-07-25 9:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Tom, I just got back from Vets and my training partner said that the girl we were riding with Sat is already signed up for the aqua/bike, sorry and the other got back to me on FB and said she will be one of the head volunteers for MCu's and can't really get out of it,

so my leads for now are dried up, sorry but I will keep asking around and if something sticks I'll let you know. 

Deirdre

2012-07-25 8:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
Thanks D.....appreciate you trying to find some team mates.
2012-07-30 6:21 PM
in reply to: #4329176

User image

Regular
PatsyID - 2012-07-25 5:34 AM

Hey Stephen, I'll let you know how the water is, I should be hittin it on Sat!

Deirdre

Thanks, I was going to be out that way last Friday, but life got busy. How was it? I'm dragging my wife and son out there tomorrow so I can see if I'll be able to hack it without a wetsuit. Got to get the new tri suit broke in anyway!!

Stephen

2012-07-30 10:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hey Stephen,

Forgot to post my thoughts after swim sorry! Well, I thought it was warmer than Vets if that helps, I do think you'd be ok without a suit but I was in my full wetsuit for the swim workout which was awesome, just be sure to get there as early as you can, we were in the water by 9am and only one boat was floating around, water was flat as glass, loved it. It does get busier as the day goes on so be aware of any jet skis and such. I did jump in with just my kit on after the bike and it was nirvana! I guess my senses were a bit off since it was so stinkin hot but I thought the water felt beautiful!

Bad news on the bike, we tried biking the course and there was a bunch of new chip seal, loose and dangerous so took an alternate route to meet up with course but when we tried connecting back onto course that road was chipped too, ug. I'm told however that it will be taken care of by race day, sweepers will go thru and smooth things out, fingers crossed on that. But do let me know in the future if you ride the course and what your thoughts are on the roads, thx.

Patsy

2012-07-30 10:56 PM

Veteran
Meridian, ID
I'll be there, doing the sprint though.  Hoping for a high finish.
2012-07-31 4:52 PM
in reply to: #4338464

User image

Regular
PatsyID - 2012-07-30 10:36 PM

Hey Stephen,

Forgot to post my thoughts after swim sorry! Well, I thought it was warmer than Vets if that helps, I do think you'd be ok without a suit but I was in my full wetsuit for the swim workout which was awesome, just be sure to get there as early as you can, we were in the water by 9am and only one boat was floating around, water was flat as glass, loved it. It does get busier as the day goes on so be aware of any jet skis and such. I did jump in with just my kit on after the bike and it was nirvana! I guess my senses were a bit off since it was so stinkin hot but I thought the water felt beautiful!

Bad news on the bike, we tried biking the course and there was a bunch of new chip seal, loose and dangerous so took an alternate route to meet up with course but when we tried connecting back onto course that road was chipped too, ug. I'm told however that it will be taken care of by race day, sweepers will go thru and smooth things out, fingers crossed on that. But do let me know in the future if you ride the course and what your thoughts are on the roads, thx.

Patsy

Hey Patsy just got back from Emmett with the family and the water is beautiful!! I got some swim time in and I felt really comfortable, even with the chop from the hand full of boats and the stiff breeze. It was really nice to not feel restricted and be nice and cool during the swim so the wetsuit is out!! Saving a few dollars and a couple of minutes in T1!! I drove the route after and I was really worried too about what I saw. My wife wasn't happy at all with it either. The chip seal is the majority of Black Canyon Hwy and then most of Idaho road from Pioneer out to the turnarounds. I called and asked someone about it from the contact list on the web and she assured me that they were going to sweep it in the next couple of days and it'll be much better by race day. I certainly hope they do because it'll be really dangerous if they don't!! Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by Cochip 2012-07-31 4:54 PM

2012-07-31 5:03 PM
in reply to: #4338480

User image

Regular

tstick14 - 2012-07-30 10:56 PM I'll be there, doing the sprint though.  Hoping for a high finish.

Hey Todd I'll see you out there. Are you racing clyde or in you AG? Either way you'll smoke it.

2012-08-01 2:07 PM
in reply to: #4339920

User image

Elite
Boise
Cochip - 2012-07-31 3:52 PM
PatsyID - 2012-07-30 10:36 PM

Hey Stephen,

Patsy

Hey Patsy just got back from Emmett with the family and the water is beautiful!! I got some swim time in and I felt really comfortable, even with the chop from the hand full of boats and the stiff breeze. It was really nice to not feel restricted and be nice and cool during the swim so the wetsuit is out!! Saving a few dollars and a couple of minutes in T1!! I drove the route after and I was really worried too about what I saw. My wife wasn't happy at all with it either. The chip seal is the majority of Black Canyon Hwy and then most of Idaho road from Pioneer out to the turnarounds. I called and asked someone about it from the contact list on the web and she assured me that they were going to sweep it in the next couple of days and it'll be much better by race day. I certainly hope they do because it'll be really dangerous if they don't!! Fingers crossed!!!

I did emmett a few times after a recent chip seal and they usually do a decent job of sweeping it. I'd just advise to stay a little further from the edge of the road than normal.

2012-08-07 2:46 PM
in reply to: #4341730

User image

Extreme Veteran

I did emmett a few times after a recent chip seal and they usually do a decent job of sweeping it. I'd just advise to stay a little further from the edge of the road than normal.

Thanks for the info Josh!

So has anyone been out that way lately? I hear it's been swept but would like a bikers point of view. I may try to ride out there Thurs and see what's up but not sure I'll have time, thanks for any info!

Patsy

2012-08-08 2:52 PM
in reply to: #4351644

User image

Regular
PatsyID - 2012-08-07 2:46 PM

Thanks for the info Josh!

So has anyone been out that way lately? I hear it's been swept but would like a bikers point of view. I may try to ride out there Thurs and see what's up but not sure I'll have time, thanks for any info!

Patsy

Haven't been out there since my swim, but I'm probably heading out that way on Friday to pick up my race packet. I can't make it tomorrow, I'm on shift out in Payette for 24 hours and I don't want to wait until race morning. If I go on Friday I'm going to drive the course and give it a look.

Stephen

2012-08-10 5:55 PM

User image

Regular

Pasty,

I went out to Emmett today to pick up my race packet and I took a drive on th course. It looks really, really good. Only a spot where we turn onto Hanna from Idaho is a little sketchy. Should be a great ride!!!

Stephen

2012-08-10 7:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Oh, awesome! Thanks Stephen for the info, looking forward to tomorrow, let's hope it stays cool enough for the run! Good luck! Hey, my # is 45, if you see me around say hi!

Patsy

2013-06-30 9:57 PM
in reply to: PatsyID

I will be doing the sprint this year. It will be my 2nd triathlon. I did my first yesterday at The Quest to the Capiol
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emmett's Most Excellent Tri Rss Feed