General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMWI volunteer and spectator pasta dinner/campfire thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-16 1:20 PM
in reply to: amyjotris

User image

Subject: RE: IMWI volunteer and spectator pasta dinner/campfire thread
I will be there!! At this point, Mike is planning on driving up Sunday morning. I'll let you know if that changes! Maybe I'll try to make my mama proud and throw down a few drinks.

2013-08-16 1:20 PM

User image

I will be there!! At this point, Mike is planning on driving up Sunday morning. I'll let you know if that changes! Maybe I'll try to make my mama proud and throw down a few drinks.
2013-08-18 7:25 AM
in reply to: Gitterdone

User image

Veteran
This is one race I will not be partaking in my usual antics the night before.

Too long a day to do hungover.
2013-08-21 6:43 AM
in reply to: cweninger

User image

I know the original post on this thread is a year old so I can't quite tell if you'll be at the campground this year.   My daughter and I will be camping on site 5 and volunteering so I just wanted to give a shout out.    We wouldn't be joining you for dinner (if you have it) because I'm not sure when we'll arrive.    We'll wave a friendly "hello" if we see some BT looking people who we know aren't racing due to the choice drink in their hand. Wink

2013-08-21 1:17 PM
in reply to: bswcpa

User image

Expert
Wind Lake WI

We will be at the campgrond and having the dinner this year as well. Please stop by and say Hi and join us for a cocktail.

This will be year number five at the campground.

2013-08-21 1:23 PM
in reply to: firstnet911

User image

Veteran
Germantown, 'Sconsin
I believe we are in Sites 6 & 8. Or...just listen for Firstnet's snoring.

2013-08-21 1:55 PM

User image

Expert
Wind Lake WI
Shouldn't you be either working or watering your tomatoes?
2013-08-21 2:37 PM

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin

Originally posted by Gitterdone I believe we are in Sites 6 & 8. Or...just listen for Firstnet's snoring.

Snoring?? Craig doesn't sleep.

2013-08-21 2:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Germantown, 'Sconsin
Originally posted by amyjotris

Originally posted by Gitterdone I believe we are in Sites 6 & 8. Or...just listen for Firstnet's snoring.

Probably not at home....he's well rested by then.

What has 3 walls, a computer and sleeps 1?????
2013-08-21 2:42 PM

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by Gitterdone
Originally posted by amyjotris

Probably not at home....he's well rested by then. What has 3 walls, a computer and sleeps 1?????

DOH!

2013-08-30 6:03 AM

User image

Since this is the first time we'll be volunteering and staying at Lake Farm I have a couple questions for you IMWI camping experts:

1)  Will it work for us to use the bike path to get back and forth on race day?   We're doing an early morning shift at gear bags, taking the afternoon off and then doing a run aid station in the evening.   Don't want to hassle with finding parking spots all day long so thought we'd just ride our bikes back and forth.   It looks like the paved bike path goes all the way to the campground but part of it is used for the race so wasn't sure if it'll be usable.  

2)  The campground shows 50amp hookups.  Does it also have 30amp on the receptacle or do I need to get an adaptor?   (I know I can call the park department on this one but they don't open for a few hours).

2013-08-30 8:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Germantown, 'Sconsin
Originally posted by bswcpa

Since this is the first time we'll be volunteering and staying at Lake Farm I have a couple questions for you IMWI camping experts:

1)  Will it work for us to use the bike path to get back and forth on race day?   We're doing an early morning shift at gear bags, taking the afternoon off and then doing a run aid station in the evening.   Don't want to hassle with finding parking spots all day long so thought we'd just ride our bikes back and forth.   It looks like the paved bike path goes all the way to the campground but part of it is used for the race so wasn't sure if it'll be usable.  

2)  The campground shows 50amp hookups.  Does it also have 30amp on the receptacle or do I need to get an adaptor?   (I know I can call the park department on this one but they don't open for a few hours).

I have personally never taken the bike path, but I do know Amyjotri and Firstnet have. Yes, it takes you right down past the boat launch and into Monona Terrace. I am not sure on where to lock the bikes up though, so I'm hoping for others to fill that part in.

Campground: Yes, there is 30 Amp available, as I plugged in last year and will be doing the same this year. Never know if I'll need the A/C!

Just a reminder, there is no water hook up at the sites, so be sure to fill that fresh H2O tank before you leave. Though there is a water connection near the sites, just not handy to fill from.

See you next week!
2013-08-30 10:29 AM

User image

Thanks for the info, Mr. Gitterdone.   
2013-09-02 9:22 AM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Can't tell you all enough how much it will mean to me that you peeps are volunteering and helping out!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
2013-09-03 11:28 AM

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by bswcpa

Sorry didn't see this until today. You can use the trail for riding back and forth. I work right up on the square so I put my bike in my office and then walk to monona terrace. There are bike racks in my parking ramp... you can lock them up but not sure if you would want to do that. My ramp is the corner of 44 east mifflin and Pinckney. I believe there are lock ups at the monona terrace as well if you ride directly there. 

Commuting by car that early is not a big deal either. My ramp is open and it's just a walk across the square to the Monona Terrace. 

If you want I am on site 8 at the campground and we can chat about it more.  

2013-09-04 8:50 AM

User image

Looking forward to meeting you, Amy Jo, and everyone else in the Lake Farm Campground who's racing or volunteering.  As of this moment the weather looks beautiful.   May everyone have safe travels to Madison!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMWI volunteer and spectator pasta dinner/campfire thread Rss Feed  

of 2