General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Conditions for Redman Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-04 5:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco
Subject: Lake Conditions for Redman

I am coming up from Dallas for the race and was wondering if anyone in the area can give me an idea on current lake conditions? I heard last year the lake level was pretty low and probably not much better or maybe a bit worse this year?

If the level is low, how is the run to transition?

Thanks!

2012-09-07 12:41 PM
in reply to: #4395241

Subject: RE: Lake Conditions for Redman

dont expect much difference that last year.  although i did hear they planned on putting down plywood and carpet out to swim out.  so maybe not quite the "mud run" we did last year.  but yes,,,,,,,the lake is EXTREMELY low and very little to no chance that they let any water down from Canton Lake prior to RM.  some are saying the stretch of Waterloo Rd. is better than last year, i disagree.  the giant potholes were filled, but now they're just bumps.  there's 6 miles (both ways) from like County Line out to Cemetary Rd that are just horrible. 

cc

2012-09-10 5:10 PM
in reply to: #4395241

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco
Subject: RE: Lake Conditions for Redman
Thanks for the update. I plan on coming up Friday morning so will probably drive the bike course to get a first hand look at it before race day. We have some pretty bad roads around here, so it doesnt sound like anything Im not used to riding on already.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Conditions for Redman Rss Feed