World Triathlon Corporation
74F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 11h 25m 55s
Overall Rank = 252/2519
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 48/
Pre-race routine:

Saturday Night I went to the FCA Worship and athlete blessing and I ate my pre-race meal which is Chicken Alefredo.
Went to bed at around 10:00pm
Woke up at 2:00am and had a Ensure Plus 350 Calories
I woke up at 4:00 and had another Ensure Plus for another 350 calories and a 1/2 of a Chocolate Muffin.
Took my wake up shower and was out the door by 4:45 headed to transition.
I got body marked. Went in and checked my Rig and saw Dream Chaser and Jmoney wished hem luck. Checked my transition bags and added my bottles.
Headed over to the swim popped on my Ipod and Jammed out to Chris Tomlins "Our God" and another song named "Glorious" they both brought me to tears as I realized how blessed I have been during this journey God took care of me and brought me to the start line health and ready to race.
What was scary is my sister brought me to the start so my wife could get the kids together and and sleep a little longer.
Event warmup:

I entered the water at 6:35 and did a short warm-up swim. I headed over to the shore bank and saw my sister and asked where my wife was she said he had no clue. I was starting to get upset that I was going to start my 2nd IM and I was not going to be able to give my wife or kids and kiss and hug before the race. To ease my nerves I took the focus off myself and asked some guys if I could pray for them and we prayed for a safe fun race I was blessed to pray for these guys. The Pro field went off and My wife was still not there. The lady started to sing the National Anthem and everyone was standing still and singing and then my wife and kids showed up. Not meaning to be rude I swam to the bank scurried my way up the bank and found my family gave them kisses and hugs and headed back into the water. I swam over to the middle of the pack about 3 rows from the front and I was hanging on to a surf board. I asked that group of people if I could ray for them and they said yes as well. We prayed and then there was 1 minute to the start.
Swim
  • 1h 04m 7s
  • 4224 yards
  • 01m 31s / 100 yards
Comments:

Swim went very well
I seeded myself in the second row and about 60 yards from the cable.
I experienced some contact and before the first turn I found myself on the cable and swimming with little contact. The same thing for my second lap I was very happy with my swim.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/202334635
Transition 1
  • 05m 51s
Comments:

I had to get my left eye clear as my goggles must have leaked and my eye was foggy. I swam with my tri suit under wetsuit so no need to change. I already had all fuel on bike.
Bike
  • 5h 57m 48s
  • 112 miles
  • 18.78 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike went well stayed within myself especially on the first climb out of town. I made it down the fescent but we were stacked up 4 across and 3 rows deep. I will say the descent was much easier being able to ride the rode rather then the shoulder. Rt 9 was awesome and very fast I used this strecth of rode to fuel and hydrate. Coming back from Ausable Falls was a not to bad the first loop. And the climb up 86 to the bears was awesoem I am glad I had my 11-18 on as I just spun those hills. The 2nd loop was much of the same except I almost had a problem with a aid station water bottle popping out of my torpeade mount on the was down the Keene descent that was sacry. I stuck tot he same aproach Of drinking my Hydration bottle GU BREW 2x Soudim Blueberry Pomgraate. I also used my Gel bottle 2 roctane and 2 hammer gels. That was a total of 8 gels through my 2 gel bottles. In my speaicl needs I had a Honey Stinger and that tasted awesome. At mile 95 of the bike as I climbed up 86 I felt slow I looked down ans saw that I had a rear tire slow flat onm y rental 808. Honsetly within a minute mutal suport showed up and fixed my wheel as I eat and drank. After the repair I took off way to fast and crushed the last 20 miles of the bike course. Total tire change time 5 mins.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/202334637
What would you do differently?:

Not get a flat tire
Transition 2
  • 03m 14s
Comments:

Tranistioon was good. I had a problem with my fuel belt and transition was a bit slower due to putting on CEP claf sleeves.
Run
  • 4h 14m 55s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 09m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

Run went well first 3 miles at mile 4 I had to stop to pee and my pace dropped drastically. I felt good the whole run other then miles 21-23. I saw my family several times and that was great. I stopped to give them hugs and kisses.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/202334644
What would you do differently?:

Pace better started out to hard.too excited!!
Post race
Warm down:

massage and piza

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat,

Last updated: 2011-08-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
01:04:07 | 4224 yards | 01m 31s / 100yards
Age Group: 59/
Overall: 319/2519
Performance:
Suit: Xterra Vortex 3
Course: 2 loops
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 64F / 18C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 05:51
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
05:57:48 | 112 miles | 18.78 mile/hr
Age Group: 68/
Overall: 319/2519
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: 6000 ft of elevation I love this course
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 03:14
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
04:14:55 | 26.2 miles | 09m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 48/
Overall: 254/2519
Performance: Average
Course: Rolling with 2 laps with 2 big climbs each lap.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-09-06 12:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY
Subject: Ironman Lake Placid

2012-09-07 1:14 AM
in reply to: #4398555

New user

Subject: RE: Ironman Lake Placid
That's looking really amazing. Thanks for share
2012-09-08 12:40 PM
in reply to: #4398555

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Ironman Lake Placid
Awesome race and write-up. Congrats and PTL!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman Lake Placid Rss Feed