Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 182

2024-04-11 2:05 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Gold member
Subject: RE: 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us?
Originally posted by MSU_Brad

Yesterday was a 10K for #3909. I'm at about 415 miles for the year.

One month until Ironman Gulf Coast 70.3. Still have a lot of work to do.

Just incredible..Allez! Allez!

Gulf Coast..ah, yes..Sufferfest. Good luck!

2024-04-12 9:00 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by alltom1

Thanks. Training for a spring Florida race while living in Michigan is interesting. I've been doing 95% or more of my training in our basement gym. I used to open the window next to my treadmill while running so I wouldn't overheat, but this entire year I have been running in there with just the wimpy little fan on the treadmill while keeping the window closed and the room light on. It's the closest way I could think of to easily simulate the heat and humidity I'll run into in Florida. I can tell you that 13.1 miles on that treadmill isn't a lot of fun, but I have caught up on a LOT of TV between that and long bike trainer sessions.

The Gulf Coast course is pretty flat, so at least the treadmill and trainer are decent for simulating that.

Edited by MSU_Brad 2024-04-12 9:01 AM
2024-04-12 2:31 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Gold member

Thanks. Training for a spring Florida race while living in Michigan is interesting. I've been doing 95% or more of my training in our basement gym. I used to open the window next to my treadmill while running so I wouldn't overheat, but this entire year I have been running in there with just the wimpy little fan on the treadmill while keeping the window closed and the room light on. It's the closest way I could think of to easily simulate the heat and humidity I'll run into in Florida. I can tell you that 13.1 miles on that treadmill isn't a lot of fun, but I have caught up on a LOT of TV between that and long bike trainer sessions.

The Gulf Coast course is pretty flat, so at least the treadmill and trainer are decent for simulating that.

I did Gulf Coast 6x - it was my first Half and second ever tri all the way back in '04 - and what was 100% consistent was the weather. You'll be fine
2024-04-16 8:29 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

I did Gulf Coast 6x - it was my first Half and second ever tri all the way back in '04 - and what was 100% consistent was the weather. You'll be fine

Awesome! So how was the weather? Mid 70s and humid?
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us? Rss Feed  

of 182