General Discussion Race Reports! » Auckland Secondary Schools Regional Cross Country Championship Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Auckland Secondary Schools Regional Cross Country Championship - Run

View Member's Race Log
Auckland, Auckland
New Zealand
16C / 61F
Overcast
Total Time = 15m 41s
Overall Rank = 2/45
Age Group = F Under 19
Age Group Rank = 2/45
Pre-race routine:

Arrived at St. Kentigern's College with the school team. I was very nervous. Had bananas and lunch. I went to the toilet about 10 times. Tried to remain focus and convince myself I was going to be alright. Orientated myself around the course after the manager's meeting. Watched the races of my fellow team-mates. Made my way to the starting blocks and got a good position and put my elbows out to protect my patch of starting line.
Event warmup:

Took a gentle jog for about 1.5km around sections of the course 1 hour before the start. 30 minutes before the race started, I did gentle jogging, stretching, some sprints, more sretching and jogging.
Run
  • 15m 41s
  • 4 kms
  • 03m 55s  min/km
Comments:

Straight after the starting gun went off I was still feeling a little nervous, so I made a conservative start. However, soon I found my rhythm and began overtaking many people after the first big hill. Following Mr. Brown's advice, I worked the downhill sections to my advantage. Soo I reached second place and managed to stay in 2nd for the whole race. I finished strongly, without a sprint finish. I was ~15 seconds behind the winner, Kate Mitchell and 3rd Place was ~15 seconds behind me.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Hug Mum and Dad, chat with Mr. Brown and team-mates, grad some toast and then a 10 minute slow jog watching the final boys race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

Collected my medal, free drink bottle, socks and badge and then went home very happy.

Last updated: 2006-06-17 12:00 AM
Running
00:15:41 | 04 kms | 03m 55s  min/km
Age Group: 2/45
Overall: 2/45
Performance: Good
Course: 4km around St. Kentigern's College grounds. Very muddy track with some steep hills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-06-17 2:41 AM

User image

Regular
New Zealand
Subject: Auckland Secondary Schools Regional Cross Country Championship
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Auckland Secondary Schools Regional Cross Country Championship Rss Feed