General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-22 4:14 PM

User image

Nashville
Subject: New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?)

Hi folks-

I posted this in the Injuries forum, but not sure how many people read it.  Would love some help!

I've had an old pair of Specialized cycling shoes, SPD-SL pedals... for five years, never any knee pain (or "upstream" issues at all).  I got some new Specialized shoes (Road Comp), and immediately had knee pain, in the front, right knee only.  The shoes feel great, just some immediate "mechanical" issues.

Wondering if front knee pain is likely a cleat position thing?  The new cleats are set dead-middle like my old ones.

The shoes have the Body Geometry footbeds, and I have the package of various shims I could try.  Not even sure which way the alignment might be out of whack though, so not sure which direction shims might work.

And why just the right knee?

Thank you!

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=461778&posts=1&start=1

2012-09-22 4:46 PM
in reply to: #4423507

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?)

How did you compare cleat position between the two shoes?

2012-09-22 10:33 PM
in reply to: #4423524

User image

Nashville
Subject: RE: New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?)

Just that the cleats are set -- from the eyeball test -- in the same place/angle on the shoe (and since they're the same cleats and same brand shoes, it looks about as dead on as possible).

Thanks!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New cycling shoes, new front knee pain (cleat position?) Rss Feed