General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nautica South Beach or Clermont? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-11-12 7:40 AM

Subject: Nautica South Beach or Clermont?
I can get to S. Florida once in the spring for the season kickoff. Looking to do an Oly-- anybody recommend either the Nautica South Beach or Clermont over the other? These are the two that look like they fit into the schedule the best.Thanks!

2012-11-12 2:45 PM
in reply to: #4494543

User image

Veteran
Orlando
Subject: RE: Nautica South Beach or Clermont?
I've done the inaugural South Beach and I live in Orlando and I have had the pleasure to do several tri's in Clermont and will do more in the future. I also travel to Clermont to do hill workouts. I guess the question to you might be, do you want go to theme parks and R,B,S in rural Florida, or do you want to visit the dynamic city of Miami and S,B,R on and around one of its beautiful beaches?

At South Beach, the ocean swim can fabulous, crystal clear water, no waves with little fish. I also enjoyed the bike in South Beach over the bridges and water ways, and the run along the beach on the boardwalk was great. Of course also it's South Beach! Clermont is a wonderful rural community with rolling hills that used to be covered with citrus trees. The run and bike is through wonderful rolling hills and the blossoming suburbia of Clermont. The swim is usually in Lake Minneola, a typical calm and murky Florida Lake.
2012-11-13 5:44 AM
in reply to: #4494543

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Subject: RE: Nautica South Beach or Clermont?
I have done both and as mentioned previously they are both great places but completely different. For a start one has the warm, murky lake and the other one in an ocean swim parallel to the beach with lots of spectators on the beach area. One is hilly, the other one has a bridge...the run in clermont is by the lake and the other by the beach with a lot of people watching. After the race, south beach has a lot for you to do...the other not much of anything.Both are great locations but it is about what you want to do! Good luck and have fun :-)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nautica South Beach or Clermont? Rss Feed