Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Yet another WWCOJD ... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-11-19 10:32 AM
in reply to: #4498500

Veteran
Subject: RE: Yet another WWCOJD ...
spudone - 2012-11-14 5:35 PM

I can guess that she's built up this fantasy in her head and thinking if she doesn't make this work, then no one will ever want to be with her.

that's a good point--maybe the OP can help her friend realize all of the good things she can offer another, better man... 

Wow, the cheating guy is accusing you of "stabbing in the back"... I wonder what phrase his wife would use to describe his behavior...

Edited by big joe 2012-11-19 10:35 AM

2012-11-19 1:23 PM
in reply to: #4503388

User image

Bronze member
big joe - 2012-11-19 10:32 AM
spudone - 2012-11-14 5:35 PM

I can guess that she's built up this fantasy in her head and thinking if she doesn't make this work, then no one will ever want to be with her.

that's a good point--maybe the OP can help her friend realize all of the good things she can offer another, better man... 

Wow, the cheating guy is accusing you of "stabbing in the back"... I wonder what phrase his wife would use to describe his behavior...

No kidding! Yuck. I hope your friend stays far far away from him.

I understand how you feel. I have a friend who has always picked boyfriends who don't treat her well. I have walked down this road with her, trying to convince her she deserves better. I even helped her move out of one abusive boyfriends apartment in college only to watch her move back in with him the next day. She is married now and I thought things were going ok until she called me a few years ago to tell me she caught him with another woman in their living room.

Good luck.

2012-11-19 1:25 PM
in reply to: #4498406

User image

Pro
I would not share my elk with those people.
2012-11-19 2:13 PM
in reply to: #4503739

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado
Bronze member

Left Brain - 2012-11-19 12:25 PM I would not share my elk with those people.

Oh, that made me laugh! Thanks for that!

As expected, the old guy is up to his manipulative ways, offering to fess up to his wife (and name my friend by name as someone he wants to "date" but not admitting a two-and-a-half-year affair), blaming me for making her question him, and downright being mean to my friend ("I always figured you'd decide I wasn't rich, young or handsome enough for you.")

Since they still work together, a clean break isn't totally possible, but they're still texting good nights, etc. He's asked her to meet with him after work today to talk. I swear, when normal people get dumped, they accept it! This guy just won't STOP! It's like he's bullying/harassing her into staying in a "relationship" with him. I did share with her my opinion on how he's acting (playing the victim, bullying, etc), but now I have to back off. This is not my fight. I have to resist the urge to coach her through this. I said my piece and it's time to back out.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Yet another WWCOJD ... Rss Feed  

of 2