General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2013-11-21 4:30 PM
in reply to: Tryrn

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: Ironman Arizona : Official Thread
Originally posted by Tryrn

anyone have the flyer from the company that does the frame sets? there was a code on it for a discount... seem to have thrown mine away.

Pretty sure I have one at home. I'll check tonight

2013-11-21 5:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Casa Grande, Az.
Originally posted by SeeVee

Originally posted by thepaul500

Whoa there...step back and look at it objectively and without the post race emotions...the guy was probably trying to motivate you....I loved the fact the volunteers in the tents were pushing me. It was all too easy to sit down and not want to move. I had a 1:47 t2 thanks to the volunteer putting up with my jokes about peeing myself while pushing me 8the door. That guy was a saint, I wish I knew who he was so I could thank him better! I couldn't be paid enough to stand in that cess pool!

I couldn't believe how incredibly amazing and supportive every single volunteer was. It was surreal. I had a heck of a good first race, and I can see why paying wtc gobs of money is worth it.

I had a great time. I can't imagine a much better day. Congrats to everybody on their finishes!

No race emotions involved. He was a jerk. Even after I made it clear to him that he was p - ing me off, he continued his tirade. Even the other volunteers were miffed by his behavior. Another athlete sitting next to me felt the same way I did.

I have volunteered several times for IM events. I would never consider such insolent behavior to be "motivating." As a volunteer, I bent over backwards to assist the athletes without berating them.

Not only was this guy a jerk, he either didn't care he was or lacked the intelligence to figure it out.
I worked the change tent the last couple of years and he has worked it forever....In his defense, that is just the way he is. He is doing it to get you out of the tent. Bet it hurried you out in the end....It's not something I would choose to allow to have an affect on my overall race experience....

Edited by todds 2013-11-21 5:04 PM
2013-11-21 5:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Denver
Originally posted by cullyatt

Is there a IMAZ 2014 official thread yet? Can't seem to find one....

Start it!! I started this one about a week after IMAZ 2012. I'm not an administrator for the site. So, anyone can start a thread. I'm not doing IMAZ in 2014, so I'll let somebody who is doing the race start the official 2014 thread. Good Luck!

Edited by Dino019 2013-11-21 5:04 PM
2013-11-21 7:55 PM
in reply to: Tryrn

User image

anyone have the flyer from the company that does the frame sets? there was a code on it for a discount... seem to have thrown mine away.

If you are talking about the finisher plaques booth that was directly opposite the IM store here are the details:

Fond Memories Graphics
[email protected]
Coupon Code: Expo

2013-11-21 8:13 PM
in reply to: todds

Originally posted by todds

Whoa there...step back and look at it objectively and without the post race emotions...the guy was probably trying to motivate you....I loved the fact the volunteers in the tents were pushing me. It was all too easy to sit down and not want to move. I had a 1:47 t2 thanks to the volunteer putting up with my jokes about peeing myself while pushing me 8the door. That guy was a saint, I wish I knew who he was so I could thank him better! I couldn't be paid enough to stand in that cess pool!

I couldn't believe how incredibly amazing and supportive every single volunteer was. It was surreal. I had a heck of a good first race, and I can see why paying wtc gobs of money is worth it.

I had a great time. I can't imagine a much better day. Congrats to everybody on their finishes!

No race emotions involved. He was a jerk. Even after I made it clear to him that he was p - ing me off, he continued his tirade. Even the other volunteers were miffed by his behavior. Another athlete sitting next to me felt the same way I did.

I have volunteered several times for IM events. I would never consider such insolent behavior to be "motivating." As a volunteer, I bent over backwards to assist the athletes without berating them.

Not only was this guy a jerk, he either didn't care he was or lacked the intelligence to figure it out.
I worked the change tent the last couple of years and he has worked it forever....In his defense, that is just the way he is. He is doing it to get you out of the tent. Bet it hurried you out in the end....It's not something I would choose to allow to have an affect on my overall race experience....

When I made it clear to him that he should get away from me, he should have. Period. In fact, when I made it clear to the jerk that I didn't like his antics, he amped up his stupidity just to spite me. There is no defending that.
2013-11-22 7:21 AM
in reply to: KebaNYC

User image

Originally posted by KebaNYC

If you are talking about the finisher plaques booth that was directly opposite the IM store here are the details:

Fond Memories Graphics
[email protected]
Coupon Code: Expo

thanks!

2013-11-23 9:10 AM
in reply to: SeeVee

User image

Veteran
Avondale

Originally posted by todds

When I made it clear to him that he should get away from me, he should have. Period. In fact, when I made it clear to the jerk that I didn't like his antics, he amped up his stupidity just to spite me. There is no defending that.

I found the guy in T2 motivating. He called my name through the bullhorn and told me twice to get out of the tent. He was not rude and he encouraged me as I left by a supportive pat on my shoulder and nicely advising me I had almost 8 hours to do the run and was going to be an Ironman by day's end. Then again, I thanked him for getting me moving as I approached him. I did not run into a single volunteer who was not supportive and hard working, even in the environment of a stinky tent with a buch of semi-naked to naked guys all in a hurry.
2013-11-25 6:24 AM
in reply to: Mikeylee

Update on the volunteer in T2:

We communicated with each other. I greatly respect that he reached out to me and more importantly, I respect him as a stand-up guy. We both realize that a little more understanding on both our parts would have gone a long way.

It's all water under the Mill Street bridge.

2013-11-25 11:04 AM
in reply to: SeeVee

User image

Extreme Veteran
Casa Grande, Az.

Update on the volunteer in T2:

We communicated with each other. I greatly respect that he reached out to me and more importantly, I respect him as a stand-up guy. We both realize that a little more understanding on both our parts would have gone a long way.

It's all water under the Mill Street bridge.

That's awesome!!! Glad that you got some resolve on that!!!
2013-12-11 8:18 PM
in reply to: todds

User image

Veteran
Kingwood, TX
I have been seeing some packaged videos of the races of people finishing. Anyone know where people get those so I can get my with a good Christmas gift of me, I mean her (: finishing.

Thanks!
2013-12-12 9:20 AM
in reply to: jls42

User image

Platte City
They are on the finisherpix website under videos once you find which athlete you are searching for. Cost like 20 bucks are show up on youtube for you.

2014-05-01 1:00 AM
in reply to: Dino019

I like to see the iron man match in the WWE. I don't know the Ironman Arizona. Anyone watch the 2013 iron man match in WWE.

2014-05-01 9:30 AM
in reply to: laurajo45

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Originally posted by laurajo45 I like to see the iron man match in the WWE. I don't know the Ironman Arizona. Anyone watch the 2013 iron man match in WWE.

UMMMMM.......   WTF is this?

LOL.

2014-05-07 6:04 AM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

No its not WTF man. Its about World wrestling Entertainment. You never saw it.

Casa Grande AZ Locksmith
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 30