General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 30

2013-11-13 9:19 AM
in reply to: Joeyj1974

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: Ironman Arizona : Official Thread
Originally posted by Joeyj1974

Originally posted by 101abp40

Originally posted by Joeyj1974

So another dumb question as I usually use my iPhone when tracking friends. For those who want to track your race. Do you direct them to the Arizona page on ironman.com or just the ironman.com home page?

Specifically for the iPhone there is a 0.99 app called IronTrac. It pulls the timing mat updates right from Ironman.com, and is structured to fit the iPhone (so you are not trying to view a webiste on a small screen).

I always tell people if they are at home, go to Ironman.com, as you can check athlete statuses and watch the live cameras they have in specific areas (especially the finish line cam). But if my family and/or friends are out and about, I tell them to use IronTrac. IronTrac also lets you track multiple people at the touch of a button (or screen), which is a bit more convenient than constantly entering a name or bib number to get updates.

I will for sure have my wife purchase the IronTrac app as she will be on site with my brother and it will probably be easier on an iPhone.

Also, just checked and looks like TTL is still sitting at 65 degrees.

It's been abnormally hot this week. I don't think the water will be below 62-63 degrees on race morning.

2013-11-13 9:20 AM
in reply to: Panda_Jack

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: What to have for IMAZ on raceday. Did I leave anything out?
Originally posted by Panda_Jack

Originally posted by KeriKadi

Originally posted by Tryrn

Use the motrin if you want.... dont use it if you dont want to. I always love how strong the opinions are about this topic.

I am not going to the dinner. Nothing worse than being at a table with a bunch of over hyped triathletes and their spouses. Would rather be at home having a chill dinner with family and watching Kona broadcast that starts at 1630

Dinner is Friday. Kona broadcast is Saturday.
I look forward to hanging out with some over hyped triathletes and their spouses.
I don't expect I will eat the food though, we will eat before.

Is the food that bad?

I've heard that it's very basic/bland. Pasta w/ marinara sauce, bread, and salad.
2013-11-13 12:33 PM
in reply to: devilfan02

User image

i sit here at work...... and my mind is alsk;fjasl;kfjaskl;dfjasdkl;fj asdkl;fj w90qru[fj

that is all. see you all this weekend!
2013-11-13 1:38 PM
in reply to: Tryrn

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Originally posted by Tryrn

i sit here at work...... and my mind is alsk;fjasl;kfjaskl;dfjasdkl;fj asdkl;fj w90qru[fj

that is all. see you all this weekend!

No kidding! What a waste... Tomorrow will be a complete wash as well. Going to check-in around lunch time tomorrow then head to Tribe to get my race wheels set up.
2013-11-13 2:23 PM

User image

ill be down there around the same time tomorrow... anything to get my mind right!
2013-11-13 3:33 PM

User image

What is the situation with sunscreen during the race? Aside from a heavy dose before the race should I be putting my own sunscreen in each of the transition/SN bags? I know this is a minor issue for most but I've already obsessed about all of the major issues and most of the minor ones. Just working my way down the list.

Keba

2013-11-13 3:37 PM
in reply to: KebaNYC

User image

Extreme Veteran
Casa Grande, Az.
Originally posted by KebaNYC

What is the situation with sunscreen during the race? Aside from a heavy dose before the race should I be putting my own sunscreen in each of the transition/SN bags? I know this is a minor issue for most but I've already obsessed about all of the major issues and most of the minor ones. Just working my way down the list.

Keba

Usually have volunteers outside of the change tents "lathering" you up! I stress over it, as well. I'm taping a small can to my stem for the 1/2 way mark of the bike ride....I'm trying to avoid s/n stop, if I can.
2013-11-13 6:57 PM
in reply to: todds

User image

Usually have volunteers outside of the change tents "lathering" you up! I stress over it, as well. I'm taping a small can to my stem for the 1/2 way mark of the bike ride....I'm trying to avoid s/n stop, if I can.

Thanks. Only a few more *little* things to stress over before I have to start freaking out about Sunday.

Keba
2013-11-14 9:47 AM
in reply to: KebaNYC

Weather is looking pretty perfect for Sunday!  Have a great race everybody- we'll see you at aid station #6 cheering for you guys/gals.  Can't wait to see some of you at the party tomorrow (should be our best turnout yet!) and if you have any last minute needs will have you covered as well (with 15% off by mentioning our social media accounts). Enjoy the day and soak it all in, especially those doing their first IM...  take your time in the finishing chute if you can, you'll never forget it!   

2013-11-14 10:07 AM
in reply to: TribeMultisport

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Originally posted by TribeMultisport

Weather is looking pretty perfect for Sunday!  Have a great race everybody- we'll see you at aid station #6 cheering for you guys/gals.  Can't wait to see some of you at the party tomorrow (should be our best turnout yet!) and if you have any last minute needs will have you covered as well (with 15% off by mentioning our social media accounts). Enjoy the day and soak it all in, especially those doing their first IM...  take your time in the finishing chute if you can, you'll never forget it!   

See you guys tomorrow and thanks for all your help in 2013.
2013-11-14 10:37 AM

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Good luck to everyone racing IMAZ this weekend! Its a great race, enjoy your day. Soak it all in. Just think, this time next year you'll be sitting around like me and looking back on your race, and wishing you could be there! Good luck to all of you!

2013-11-14 1:00 PM
in reply to: kmac1346

User image

Veteran
Westminster, Colorado
Originally posted by kmac1346

Good luck to everyone racing IMAZ this weekend! Its a great race, enjoy your day. Soak it all in. Just think, this time next year you'll be sitting around like me and looking back on your race, and wishing you could be there! Good luck to all of you!

Totally agree. I am having some great flashbacks of last year and I really wish I was there again. Enjoy every single second. It is an amazing experience!!
2013-11-14 1:51 PM
in reply to: TL2

User image

Regular
Las Vegas
Subject: ---
Getting ready to head out for the drive from Vegas to Tempe. Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for this Sunday. Hope everyone gets their goals. For the first timers, I know its been said already but, enjoy that finishing chute as much as you can, 30-60 sec longer is not going to matter all that much, soak it in!
2013-11-14 6:51 PM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

Originally posted by Tryrn  Nothing worse than being at a table with a bunch of over hyped triathletes and their spouses.  

To each his own....but I've been to 10 Ironman athlete banquets on Friday and none of them have been spent at a table with over-hyped athletes....quite the opposite....they are usually very friendly, but are fairly quiet as they contemplate the weekend ahead of them.  If you haven't been to an IM dinner I would encourage you to attend at least one of them.  This is my first time at AZ so I'm curious to see what the vibe at this race is like compared to other races....   Good luck everyone.

2013-11-14 7:53 PM
in reply to: Dino019

User image

Master
Bronze member

G O O D LUCK EVERYONE!!! ENJOY the day...You've done the work-have fun with it ...!!

2013-11-16 8:53 AM
in reply to: kmac1346

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Originally posted by kmac1346 Good luck to everyone racing IMAZ this weekend! Its a great race, enjoy your day. Soak it all in. Just think, this time next year you'll be sitting around like me and looking back on your race, and wishing you could be there! Good luck to all of you!

x3

Wish I were there to either race or just cheer you all on. Such a great event! Good luck.

2013-11-16 3:41 PM
in reply to: Buckshot

User image

This will probably my last post. Thanks to everyone who contributed to answering questions, it really helped me through out the year.

Alright guys race strong and confident and have fun!!!
2013-11-16 4:13 PM
in reply to: blackorcutt

User image

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-11-16 6:39 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Good luck to everybody racing tomorrow. It's such a fun race! Enjoy the day and remember to have fun and SMILE!!!
2013-11-16 8:13 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! We will be Ironmen in 24 hours.

Mikey - I'll be thinking of you and your wife out there. Give em hell
2013-11-18 3:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Avondale
The racing day could not have been better today! Cool temperatures during the day, did not get chilly at night, and the lake water was nice after 5 minutes of swimming. While there was wind on the Beeline, there always is and it could have been much worse. My wife and I finished the Rwce and are now Ironmen! .

2013-11-18 8:28 AM
in reply to: Mikeylee

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
Originally posted by Mikeylee

The racing day could not have been better today! Cool temperatures during the day, did not get chilly at night, and the lake water was nice after 5 minutes of swimming. While there was wind on the Beeline, there always is and it could have been much worse. My wife and I finished the Rwce and are now Ironmen! .

Congratulations!
2013-11-18 7:43 PM
in reply to: Dino019

Finished me first ironman yesterday. Surprised myself with a 13:42.

Everything was great except for what I can only describe as a jerk who was the lead volunteer in the bike to run changing tent. He was on a bullhorn shouting,"get out of my tent. You've been here to long."

Jerk walked up to me and scolded me,"You've been in here too long. Get out of my tent." Then as I was trying to get my Garmin situated (I couldn't switch it to run mode), he started again. "You Don't Need That thing. Get out of my tent and run." I was so flustered that I was 1/2 mile into the run when I realized I had my left cycling glove on.
2013-11-18 9:21 PM
in reply to: SeeVee

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by SeeVee

Finished me first ironman yesterday. Surprised myself with a 13:42.

Everything was great except for what I can only describe as a jerk who was the lead volunteer in the bike to run changing tent. He was on a bullhorn shouting,"get out of my tent. You've been here to long."

Jerk walked up to me and scolded me,"You've been in here too long. Get out of my tent." Then as I was trying to get my Garmin situated (I couldn't switch it to run mode), he started again. "You Don't Need That thing. Get out of my tent and run." I was so flustered that I was 1/2 mile into the run when I realized I had my left cycling glove on.

I'm sure the RD would be interested in hearing that story. That dude sounds like a dbag. Otherwise, GREAT RACE!
2013-11-18 10:55 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

A few people high up in the food chain have been made aware of it.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Arizona : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 30