General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Challenge series? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-11-30 10:35 AM

Subject: Challenge series?

I'm curious to know what this is, exactly. I know the Penticton Ironman will now be Challenge Penticton. Are the distances and rules the same? 

(Not that I have any intention of ever doing an Ironman-length event, just wondering what this is, as the Challenge website has little actual information.)

2012-11-30 8:12 PM
in reply to: #4516344

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Challenge series?

I haven't looked at the Challenge Penticton website but I do know the swim, bike and run routes will be the same as Ironman was.  They have no intention to change the routes.  As for the rules, I haven't read them but I expect they'll essentially be very similar if not the same.

If you're not likely to ever attempt a full distance event (I won't say never but I sure have to get a lot stronger to be able to consider it myself) you should travel to any close by IM event and volunteer for the fun of it.  If you can get a spot in Transition or at the Finish line.  It's a lot of fun.

Also, Challenge will have relay teams so if you'll never do the full route you could organize a team and atleast be a part of the event.  I'm considering the possibility that I might do the cycling portion in a team with a couple fellows I swim with.

Edited by wenceslasz 2012-11-30 8:13 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Challenge series? Rss Feed