General Discussion Triathlon Talk » An Ode to TrainerRoad and a planning question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-20 7:56 AM

Expert
Miller Place, Long Island
Subject: An Ode to TrainerRoad and a planning question

Hello

About a month and a half ago I purchased a membership to TrainerRoad and started training using virtual power.  I have to say that I was a bit skeptical at first but after following one of their plans for 5 weeks, I am thoroughly and extremely impressed and happy with the system.  I have never, ever enjoyed trainer workouts so much.  I actually look forward to them and I fell like the time goes by so fast.  I know I have gotten stronger in just this short time using the product and I am looking forward to seeing how the improvements translate to on road success this year.

If anyone out there is considering using the software... you should do it.  Amazing stuff, great customer service too.

Now for my question.  I am doing some long range planning for the upcoming season in which I will be doing Eagleman in June.  I am planning on committing an 18 week block to prepping for the 70.3 and I would love to incorporate trainerroad sessions into the plan (biking 3x per week... one being part of a brick).  Does anyone have any advice for how I should set this up?  Is there a trainerroad plan that you would recommend?

Thanks for any advice

2012-12-20 11:43 AM
in reply to: #4542433

User image

New user
Subject: RE: An Ode to TrainerRoad and a planning question
I have the same question.  I currently plan to work my way up from the Intermediate base plans and build I.  Build I will end two weeks out from my race.  I'll drop the lowest TSS ride during the week and substitute it with my long weekend ride.  I'm interested to see other suggestions.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » An Ode to TrainerRoad and a planning question Rss Feed