General Discussion Triathlon Talk » strangest thing you've seen on a ride/run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-07-19 6:50 AM
in reply to: prizna

Subject: RE: strangest thing you've seen on a ride/run
On an evening run, I passed a 20-something guy with John Lennon sunglasses and a fur stole. That moved. I had to do a double-take before I realized the fur was 4-5 kittens that were clinging to his shoulders and backpack.

2013-07-19 9:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

RE: the 3 little pigs...

LOL! You have a way with words!

That laughter would have kept me going for another 10 miles +! Think I'll just conjure that image when I'm toughing it out on my rides to give me a good distraction!

Edited by PsyTri 2013-07-19 9:54 AM
2013-08-01 6:10 PM
in reply to: LPJmom

Originally posted by LPJmom

When I lived in NYC I biked to work on riverside drive up to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital at 168. I would reguarly go through a park a few blocks away to avoid that 'cliff' of a hill at the hospital. I had the most unpleasent site one day as I road up the park path to see a fellow taking a dump. He had a tattoo on his right butt cheek.

Now if we could just combine your park monster with this scene from the Katy Trail in Missouri

(IMG_20120706_183609.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_20120706_183609.jpg (1541KB - 39 downloads)
2013-08-06 3:11 PM
in reply to: USAProductions

Subject: RE: Chad Truesdalle
The whole Truesdell family is full of angry violent kids. The eldest brother Dustin was a stud collegiate athlete. Ryan Truesdell was a world class wrestler. All the Truesdell's are very violent people.

2013-08-06 3:25 PM
in reply to: TrBeau17

User image

I live in a rural area, so there are a lot of animals. The only ones that surprise me are the pets that get loose. Recently a peacock ran in front of my bike in WV, and last year I had to swerve to avoid a scorpion in PA. The scariest was probably when a bull charged one of the riders in our group.
2013-08-06 4:04 PM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

User image

Master
Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

I got attacked by a hawk yesterday on my ride out in the county roads.  Dived at me once, and I thought it was a freakish mistake.  6,yes 6 more dive bombs later, I was in a panic.  There really is no way to explain the fear, adrenaline, and excitement that I was experiencing.

Almost ran myself off the road looking up in the air for the bird.

I had this happen to me on 2 runs this weekend:

Saturday's blog post:

Around the block at T and S's. Got dove on by a hawk. Like he thought I was prey. I felt and heard his wing beats as he swooped over my head. It was funny, but not fun!! I was waving my arms like a cukoo bird. I thought maybe it was my bright orange hat, but I threw it and he didn't go for it, just kept circling me. Got my heart rate up, even higher than it already was because of the altitude!

Sundays:

And the hawk was back...I was going around the longer block, or thought I was. Got to the first left turn, up the hill, when there are 2 loose, aggressive dogs. Cars were having to wait until they got off the road before they could pass. I saw them and started to back away. I was far enough off, but they kept 'charging' from a distance, barking their fool heads off. Decided discretion was the best decision and reversed route. Turned at the next block, up towards the main street. Running along, wondering if this hawk was going to show up again. And there he was. It was strange, because he was shrieking the entire time he was flying. I noticed it yesterday too and thought it strange, because I thought they only shrieked when another hawk was near. Anyway, he was circling a field, I figured I was good. I kept my eye on him, however. And all of a sudden, he is circling ME. And stalling above me and diving down. I am waving my hat and my arms, yelling at it, and it doesn't give a shite. He dove 3 times at me. I finally shouted at him to eff off. He circled one more time. Of course, I had kept moving, so by this point, I imagine I was out of his 'territory' or whatever. I can tell you that my heartrate was up, and my next km was faster than all the rest... I thought yesterday was a one off, but apparently not...

I did some research and suspect he/she was protecting young.  I didn't think they would still be in the nest at this point, but they can be.  I am sure that if anyone saw any of these interactions, they would have been locking their doors...

2013-08-07 9:15 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Regular
WI
On my run today I saw a water ski show on the river.

Towards the end of my run I saw a shirtless gentleman wearing a long-tailed aero helmet on a cruiser bike. Awesome.
2013-08-07 10:34 PM
in reply to: phyre_cyclone

Yesterday I passed a whole flock of roadkill peacocks. Today when I rode past the stink was unbearable.
2013-09-15 4:21 PM
in reply to: Quigley

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Big black and yellow caterpillars. Thousands of them. I'd like to say that I missed them all with my tires but . . .

(Caterpillar.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Caterpillar.jpg (1367KB - 44 downloads)
2013-10-08 2:37 PM
in reply to: Swimforlife

Did anyone else see Truesdale's time trails? This kid is FAST! According to the website his time trails were in the men's open Professional Division 21-26. He blew everyone out in swim, and it looks like he got disqualified during the bike section for (Failure to wear a helmet). He was In 1st place by 4:11 when he was disqualified.

How does this athlete do this against top competition?
2013-10-08 2:44 PM
in reply to: 0

Does anyone have Truesdale's contact information? USA Productions is filming a triathlon documentary, and we would like to speak to this young athlete about it.

Thank you

Edited by USAproductions1 2013-10-08 2:46 PM

2013-10-08 9:14 PM
in reply to: USAproductions1

User image

Big 'ol possum scrounging for scraps in the 'burbs the morning of trash pickup. The blind little bugger didn't see me until I was almost on top of him and then he ran for the hills. Surprised he didn't play dead!
2013-10-13 9:30 PM
in reply to: PsyTri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Last month I was riding with a group in the back. I saw people start swerving left and right and slowed down trying to figure out what was happening. Before I knew it, there was a 3-4 ft snake striking my shoe! The lead bike thought it was just a stick and so we were on top of him before we knew anything... I think it was a copper head and one of the bikes in front of me ran over him and by the time I went by, he was coiled up and hissing and striking at me.

On the way back, we had a couple deer dart across us about 8 ft in front of our peloton... though it didnt get the adrenaline pumping as much, this was probably much more dangerous. Would have taken the whole group down...

2013-10-14 9:28 PM
in reply to: prizna

Bartlett, TN
Back to a snake story. Copperhead snake coiled with head raised in bike lane along paved road early spring warming time. I didn't see it until it was right by my heal because I was looking up at a person stopped ahead of me who was trying to warn me about "something".
2013-10-15 8:59 AM
in reply to: Day-Day

User image

Extreme Veteran
Media, PA
Last fall, Sunday morning, around 08:00, crossing the Walt Whitman Bridge (Philly to New Jersey, over the Delaware river) as we were running towards NJ, a 20-something male, wearing jeans, no shirt, and some kind of flip flop/sandals. With a somewhat confused look on his face.

Wonder what his Saturday night was like...
2013-10-21 9:00 PM
in reply to: #4546464

Truesdale had great trail times today he placed 4th overall for Saturday. Love him or hate him you can't deny the fact he's a great athlete. Does anyone know how much sports basement pays Truesdale ? Is it weekly, monthly, or per race? Someone told me today at trails he's the highest paid sports basement athlete. Being a successful triathlete takes great discipline and I simply don't see Truesdale having that kind of work ethic. Is he drug tested regularly? Also why do the USA Production officials treat him better/differently then the other athletes?

2013-10-21 9:48 PM
in reply to: Trekrider1986415

User image

My wife and I were riding out on Antelope Island in the Great Salt lake and crested a hill and came face to face with a herd of Bison crossing the road.There were several cars stopped and were waiting for the herd to move on and we were on our bikes in the middle of the herd,it was awesome.Took some once in a lifetime pictures.
2013-10-21 10:00 PM
in reply to: TrBeau17

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Mountain lion came out of the woods 100 feet behind me to say "hi".
2013-10-21 10:17 PM
in reply to: Trekrider1986415

User image

Pearland,Tx
Last time a while back trail run with my Bro at Cali we saw two dudes in a situation you dont wanna know......
2013-10-31 6:07 PM
in reply to: #4881733

3 things we learned from Saturdays Triathlon :
1. Trusdale's cardio is the best in the sport
2. Rovell needs more swimming practice
3. Arizona States triathlon team isn't very strong

I was told on Saturday by Mr. Gracie Trusdale is making the transition from mma to just boxing. "If chad only has one thing to focus on, he can master that and be one of greatest. Mma has many aspects that need to be mastered. I want to get these kids set for life as fast as I can, so boxing is deffinately gonna be his cup of tea. I have a lot of young guys in my camp who will be making some noise. My guy Salvador will be in the UFC by the end of the year. I get these kids off the street an make them champions".
2013-11-01 8:32 PM
in reply to: #4889619

Was I Vegas a few weeks ago and did an early morning run down Fremont St past some sketchy motels and a huge line of people outside the plasma center at like 7am waiting for them to open.

2013-11-06 4:48 PM
in reply to: #4890608

Truesdale starts ANOTHER street fight doesn't shock me one bit.
The kids a thug! someone needs to banned him from being licensed
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » strangest thing you've seen on a ride/run Rss Feed  

of 5